a day in the live of a plumber

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tom.plum, Jul 15, 2015.

1. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

Tuesday 14/7/2015, 2.15 pm,

I'm on a job fixing a broken toilet syphon for a young woman, She answered the door, A young woman heavily pregant and looking very pale, i remember thinking to myself " jeeeeez she looks like something out of Shaun of the dead" because of the pale almost white colour, she was clearly uncomfortable so i said " hello fatty i'm Tom you called me about yout toilet", she invited me in and said she'd have to leave me to get on with it because she needed to lay down, So I stripped down the toilet fitted a new syphon and was testing out when she gave out an almighty scream, AAAGGGHHHHH, " plumber please go and get my mum, she lives across the road at number 27, A cold fear ran down my body, I hurried along to number 27 and knocked on the door in an emergency type of loud knock, the mother appeared, I did't need to say anything,I Don't know whether its a maternal instinct or the look on my face she rushed past me and made a bee line for her daughters door,
    When we got there the screams were blood curling, I waited outside untill I heard the baby cry, then i went in and collected my tools, I shouted from downstairs, " toilets fixed luv, I'll post my invoice,
    on to my next job, :eek:

2. Aw bless. A new baby boy. And they named it 'Tom'...

KIAB likes this.
  3. Wait a minute, yol' dawg - didn't you fit a new tap in that house back in October?

PaulBlackpool and FatHands like this.
  4. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

psml

KIAB and PaulBlackpool like this.
  5. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

Glad of the Urban Dictionary :)

KIAB and FatHands like this.
  6. FatHands

i despise the text speak really paul, but when you are browsing on a mobile its handy! ;)

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  7. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

just been round today to pick up payment, I took a card and a tomplum pen so's the little nipper can learn to write prpoer like me, Its a boy 6 and half pounds and its got one of them daft new names, I can't remember it now, Mother and child both well, :)

Phil the Paver, jobo and FatHands like this.
  8. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

And apparently the boy is a natural. gotthis.jpg

9. FatHands

its only fair the boy is called Tom after the plumber who helped get him delivered on time!

10. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

There was a young plumber from Leigh
    Who was plumbing a girl by the sea
    She said "Stop plumbing"
    "I think someone's coming"
    He said, still plumbing, "it's me"

KIAB, Rulland, FatHands and 2 others like this.
  11. FatHands

12. jobo

jobo New Member

Toms a daddy again :D

13. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

Tom at work. funny-comic-babies-plumbers-trolled-1360315833.png

Need a bigger hammer and KIAB like this.