a guessing game

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tom.plum, Oct 5, 2014.

1. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

guess what I had for tea tonight,

clues,
    good for the heart,oily,smelly and dosen't grow in a garden,

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

further clue, they come in pairs and i once got some for christmas off a deaf aunt who asked me what i wanted, being well dragged up as i was and learned not to ask for anything expensive,plus the ipad had not been invented then so i asked for a pair of slippers,

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

A pork pie?

4. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Fish or meercats.

5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

rulland, close with the fish guess, chippie no,

6. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

7. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Boil in the bag just ain't proper kippers though Tomp. Get thee sen down ter fishmongrels, n get sum real proper ones like. ;);););)

8. >enough

>enough New Member

Whenever I stay at the Isle of Man, I always indulge myself in a brace of slimy boiled-to-death-in-the-bag kippers for breakfast. I find the copious amount of added colouring and preservatives a far tastier option to traditional Manx kippers.

Good choice tom.

9. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Kippers are the way forward! :)

10. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

My dad used to stink the house out every Sunday morning cooking kippers, it's a smell I have never liked or are ever likely too, so NO to kippers and that god for saken smell. :p:p:p

11. >enough

>enough New Member

Tom could boil 'em up indoors then eat 'em in his shed but naaaah, stink the shed out with paraffin fumes first and then neck some chemically 'smoked' fish avec le toxins und carcinogens.

Loverly.

12. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

C'mon <enough I know you're old enough to remember the old paraffin advert for pink paraffin, what youre not? oh perhaps I getting you mixed up with that thrudgie eastwest geezer, well anyrode the catch phrase was 'pink dont stink',
    well to be honest its like camping out, you know the pleasure you get from cooking jacket spuds on a campfire, its not just the suckulent potato not too well done or overcooked, its the whole adventure of playing bear grills insects n' all then going home and getting leathered with yer dads belt for getting your best skool uniform stinking of smoke, Eeeeeee, I never grew up me thaa kneeers I'm a 5 year old trapped inside a mid life crisis :)

13. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

I wondered what happened to Thrudgie.:);)Right that's enough.

14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You might be a bit old for a mid life crisis Tomp ;)

15. plumberboy

CHEEKY!!!!!!:eek:

16. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

yea chippie, fair point well put, lets call it an extended mid life crisis or a 3/4 life crisis or a last chance saloon crisis, I believe that in the latter years of your life you revert to your childhood, well i never realy left my childhood I just grew bigger, like the old saying, ' growing old is compulsory, growing up is not' :)

chippie244 likes this.
  17. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Eaten by millions of people yet one`s never been caught alive! :)

I've had a few people going with that one over the years!

Here's another one -
    Tom and Tappy are having Kippers for tea.
    Tom..."Give me one of your kippers tappy and then I'll have twice as many as you!
    Tappy "No tom, you give me one of yours then we'll both have the same"!

How many kippers have we got in total?
    This puzzle as a 100% genuine answer.
    Tappy,

18. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

19. plumberboy

Toms already eaten his.

20. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I dunno tappy, I never been any good at sums and joined up writing but I'll bet its got summet to do with pairs, kipper are like ladders they're always spoke of in pairs, :confused: