A man's gotta do.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by philthespark, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

You right need to get van converted it just sat on drive wasting away

2. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Mt09 at the moment, had a bonnie and bmw until recently, moving them about all the time was hassle, lot easier with one, I will just chop them in a lot sooner. This one will go early next year.

Joe95 likes this.
  3. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

It adds a lot of money on if you do a good job

4. Sparkielev

Yeah it be nice we when it done was planning on touring Europe in it but work always gets in way

5. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Don't let it, you're not long here

Sparkielev and Joe95 like this.
  6. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Get it done before we leave the EU :D everything will be more difficult and expensive abroad then!

7. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Yeah Peter a thread of the conversion would be brilliant, even if it is just wiggy and I who take an interest, always like seeing the whole process on well done conversions.

Good mate of mine has done it on LWB sprinter, I helped for a fair bit of it. Its now got a single bed, toilet &a shower, fold down desk area and mini kitchen. Last weekend we did a few bits, Attacched an awning and led light to the sliding door side, and stuck in an electic heater.

Cheers lads, you've made my evening.

8. Sparkielev

Once the conversion gets rolling I will post some pics but like I said it slow going as work and other things always get in the way

9. :eek: Blimey.

And you are going to BUILD your whole kitchen from scratch?

(I bow down...)

(Photos, pretty please :D)

(if you have time to lift the camera...)

KIAB likes this.
  10. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I buy a buy a trade 600mm carcass for £20 that comes with a "10 year guarantee :D:D" but you know it is going to be c@@p and won't last anywhere near that time as the door hinges will work lose and the drawers will break. You just have to look at the ones on display in the chain outlets the doors are uneven, gaps between units drawers broken etc. These were installed in near perfect conditions with plumb walls and even floors and if it can't withstand browsing in a store it won't survive a busy family.

This kitchen is being built out of some damaged pine I am recycling from a local furniture importer. The worst bit is sanding off the stain/wax/varnish that is on the boards. Boards on the left had two passes with the sander ones on the right one. Having to make the gates after my neighbour trashing them is the last thing I need
    upload_2016-11-17_8-9-18.png

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  11. Blimey, you're gonna be busy all right...

How are you going to make the doors - proper 'frame' jobbies?

12. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I be using some bought in timber to make the rails and styles on the router table. Haven't decided if the panels are going to be flat or raised. Either is normally quite easy by the wife wants curved / bow front and raised panels are bit tricky on these

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  13. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

Been down at that woman's house all week,me and my mate installing lighting and cctv,not had a problem since the poacher alarm went off on Friday.Mind you,someone was asking who the bloke was that's been there all week,(me),Anyway she told them I was her uncle who's come down for a bit while he's got time off from work,"we don't see him very often,he's a police dog handler up north"
    It's one of those small hamlets,the type where you f a r t and within hours everyone knows,so maybe that has something to do with it.lol

wiggy likes this.
  14. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Always worth putting the word around small places like that. Hopefully the weasel won't come back again.

15. Ethan Reed

Ethan Reed New Member

Yes, the nois eis sometimes enough but only for those who are not ready fot this.