A play on words??

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by joinerjohn1, Jul 22, 2014.

1. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

2. And he was soooo spritual too, like.

Karma is going to get them bludy beetles.

3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

that's so sad, I liked george second to John, Ringo I can stand but if anyone was to eaten by beetles i'd like it to be that other Pratt, :mad:

4. Have to agree, Mr Plum. Lennon proved his song-writing prowess even after the split; he's made some truly fantastic songs that'll live forever. To a much lesser extent so has Harrison. McCartney produced nothing but a pile of complete s*** as a solo 'artist'.

Ringo? He's just cool.

As a partnership, though, Lennon and McCartney - wow. Inimitable. Every time you hear a Beatles song on t'radio, it just makes you sit up and wonder at the sheer variety of their creativity.

But - seriously - one good song by McCartney on his own? Or, heavens above, with one of his dreadful bands? One? I can't think of any. But I can name a lot of truly shocking ones.

5. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Yeah. All together now....

Bom, bom bom. Bom, bom bom. Bom....bombombombom!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

6. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I remember back in't day my dad saying to me, learn to play proper music lad, none of this rock n' roll stuff, it won't last they'll soon be forgotton, how wrong was my dad bless him, the beatles were collectively the best we'll ever know, they wrote rock 'n roll, blues,country,classics,ballads,weird stuff and then some, they soaked up what the blues americans had, added other influences and cleaned up, they rode the crest of a wave, shined brightley for a very short years, then burned out, like very few before them that did't get the media coverage, and never anyone since,

there's only 8 notes to a scale and one of those is repeated,