A Reminder To All.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Joe95, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Sorry to hear of this Joe and hope your Mum is OK in the long run.

FWIW, I would register the crime with the Police so its on the record, you never know, there may be similar thefts and it can do no harm.

Dealing with Dementia is bl**dy difficult, its easy for us to understand its silly having so much cash at home, but explaining that to her would be futile.

KIAB and Joe95 like this.
  2. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

An update for ye all. I have contacted the police on the 101 number and two officers will visit Saturday when I am in. I have the local station number now, and they will ring me ahead of visiting.

By the way, it's not my mother, its my mother in law.

I still cannot get my head around how a person can take advantage of a 73 year old lady on her own. Absolute lowlife scum.

Bodgit, It is hard dealing with dementia. Some days shes on top form, telling stories of the farm at home in Ireland and the Galtymore hall, and some days she wont remember what day it is or what happened the day before. Eventually we will have to consider a care home, I would push to assisted living, as some of the firms I hold security contracts for are excellent.

3. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Dementia is like looking after a child, they can remember as far back as 50 year ago but not remember yesterday it awful, looked after my mam for 12yr whilst doing my job until social services took over she now in home and to be fair she loves it, she hasnt got dementia but was disabled it not end of the world going in a care home.

KIAB, Joe95 and Deleted member 33931 like this.
  4. Sparkielev

That pond life who stole money will be spending it and people around him or her will be asking questions as how they acquired it fu%&$#g low life

5. Sparkielev

How's your mother in-law hope she ok

6. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Another update.

Police came round and noted it all, although heard nothing other than the letter palava said I'd get.

Now have an alarm with panic button, 6 camera CCTV system and laid some laminate flooring in the hallway. Had a new Vaillant combi put in last weekend, there's six new rads there which I will install this week in the evenings. Finally did away with the old back-boiler that was on it's last legs.

Money is no longer an issue, the missus has shown her how to use contactless, and the pension now goes straight into her bank account so no more cash collection. She is happy to start using the card, as it's easier to use.

She's alright now, and has pretty much returned to normal. Sleeping normally and not worried any more. Big relief for all of us.

Friday the DNO will be in to replace the cut-out, so I'll take the opportunity to have an isolator fitted and then apply for a smart meter.

Sparkielev, Dr Bodgit, CGN and 2 others like this.
  7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Glad to hear that, hope Old Bill get the Scumbag.

KIAB likes this.
  8. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

I don't know if anyone saw crimewatch last night, but there was a story about cold callers attacking an elderly lady on her own to break in. She passed away two days later.

That story made me even angrier towards these *****. We are very lucky.

9. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

There are a lot of low lifes out there, that need some harsh justice and real deterrents. We are going very soft on offenders and dare i say even on those from Eastern Europe. it is not usual to see someone create a violent crime, get arrested, bailed and either create more violent crimes or abscond altogether

It wasn't uncommon for people arrested for aggravated burglary or assault on a vulnerable person to arrive somewhat "ruffled" as they entered the custody suite, of course a lot of them resisted arrest :rolleyes:

Somehow fellow inmates found out about the "exact" details of certain prisoners crimes ..... always a mystery

KIAB and Joe95 like this.