A win for GLIB.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Sigh. The British electorate have shown once again how shallow and non-critical their thinking.

The repellent self-motivating Carswell wins with a land-slide.

And then comes the rhetoric; when challenged on R4 as to whether this was simply a 'protest vote', he gave the reply we are so familiar with from the likes of Salmond when faced with a question that begs a considered answer; "That's an insult to the population of Clacton..."

And you can almost hear the 'Hurrahs!' from a wide swathe of the population on hearing that - 'Aw, maaaan - that guy is sooo awesome and he thinks we're wonderful - he's just like one of us - he bigs us up. Maaan, that's what we've been waiting for...'

The guy is as transparent as a very transparent thing.

2. >enough

>enough New Member

The wide swathe of Americans living in Clapton seem to like him though, obviously.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Love them or loathe them, UKIP are only putting into words, what a majority of the British electorate are bloody thinking. We are dictated to by Europe. European courts ride roughshod over our British justice system. They interfere with the internal machinations of the UK at every turn.
    I voted way back in the 70's to stay in the EEC (remember we had a referendum on the matter??) I didn't vote to join the EU in it's present form. Way back then, no one could foresee what a monster the EU would become. We all thought it was strictly a trading club, that would benefit the UK.
    Tell ya DA, I wish I had a time machine and could go back pre-referendum with newspapers and video from today, so the electorate could see what the EEC was going to become.

4. Yeah, I wish you had a time machine too...

Sorry, JJ, I'm not having it; UKIP are the voice of the belligerent ignorant. Those who have convinced themselves they're having a tough time and look around for things to blame. Knee-jerk, short-sighted nonsense.

There is no looking at anything that resembles a bigger picture - just *****, carp, and the rest.

It is tragic how little we've evolved.

5. joinerjohn1

Dunno DA? When I look at the way France deports undesirables with impunity,(remember them deporting Roma's a few years back?) and the UK struggle through many hurdles to deport murderers/rapists etc (because of their human rights being infringed) I do wonder what exactly the EU is playing at. We see hundreds of illegals trying their damnedest to cross the channel and all the mayor of Calais can say is "It's the UK's problem." Well while these illegals are on French soil, I reckon it's a French problem. Speaking of these illegals,, They are supposed to claim asylum in the first EU country they enter. However, country after country, encourage them to make their way to the channel ports, so they can make their way to our shores, so I'm probably wrong, it's not a French problem at all,,, It's a bloody EU problem. Something the EU should be doing something about (but will probably be happy to keep em coming through) The UK government recently announced £5 million worth of help to Calais, to sort this problem out.

This is just one of the "bigger pictures" I look at DA,, certainly not short sighted, methinks. ;);)

6. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Plus the way Europe is going we will be better off out of it, I'd put money on the euro being nothing but worthless in less than 10 years, France, Germany etc are all struggling along pretending alls good in the world.

7. Yeah, JJ, let's look at a country that flouts some basic human rights - as France actually does - and compare ourselves to them.

Bludy brilliant argument, that one.

8. joinerjohn1

My point DA is that France is signed up to the whole Human Rights thing too. Yet they see fit to ignore EU law themselves (one of the founding members of this exclusive club) When is the ECHR going to stand up to France then? If not then I suggest our country starts ignoring EU and ECHR dictats as well.
    Honestly DA, I can see that the UK would be far better off either out of the EU, or as a minimum, re-negotiating our membership downwards. (perhaps become an associate member)

9. Et tu, Phil.

Yeah, 'put your money on the Euro being worth f'all in 10 years'. :rolleyes:

Wishful thinking?

Yeah, all these countries are struggling. As is the rest of the world. 'Cos it was a world-wide recession.

How would being out of the EU, or whatever else you may be trying to suggest, have prevented that?

(And Scotland can thank its lucky stars it wasn't independent back then. No amount of border control, being out of the EU or anything else it might be dreaming of would have stopped it going down a sizeable pan.)

This is history repeating itself; you go through a recession, and everyone turns in on themselves. Bludy this and bludy that... If it weren't for them @@@@@ (insert what ever's annoying you on the day) it would be wonderful.

We should build a wall along the coast - and along Scotland and Wales while we're at it - and pull up the drawbridge. This would be a f'brilliant country if it wasn't for the rest of the world dragging us down...

Bahdiblahdiblah

Facile, fatuous, glibness.

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It seems a vote for UKIP means Labour will get in, all we need now is to get Labour back to being the party of the working class and all will be well.

11. Oh gawd... :rolleyes:

Do you really think that 'Human Rights' is a bad thing?!

Or that France driving a horse and cart through it just makes us civilised Brits foolish?

I'm struggling to be civil myself here, JJ, faced with such non-arguments. France ignores some laws - we we should bludy do so too!

"Honestly DA, I can see that the UK would be far better off..." Sigh. Honestly JJ, I don't think you are really considering the matter that deeply. Which makes you prime fodder for the UKIP.

12. :)

That's the real tragedy - we don't even have a worthy Labour Party to save us... :(

chippie244 likes this.
  13. joinerjohn1

DA, I don't see the world recession having anything to do with the EU meddling in our constitutional affairs ( your reply to Phil suggests that he's blaming the recession on the EU , which he isn't. He just happened to mention that France and Germany are struggling) As I said before, we actually signed up to the EEC, not the EU. When we signed up, there was no European Parliament. There was no Euro. Each member country had their own monetary unit. If the media are to be believed, many Germans now wish they still had the deutschmark and many French wish they still had the franc..
    Anyway, about the Human Rights thing,,, why is it that the UK seems to be the only EU country that has to lead by example?? (when in Rome, etc, etc )

14. Phil the Paver

The simple reason is, "Europe says do as we say, not as we do", unfortunately for us the British people, we are run be people who bow the the word of Europe simple because when they no longer have a job in government, they then have a job in Europe.

Tony Blair is a prime example, never in this country history has a single man made such a **** up of running the country, bringing it to it's knees, but then gone on to make millions out of doing so.

As for being the peace envoy for the middle east. :p:p:p:p, well that's working isn't it.

15. Why? Because we are the best. The most tolerant. The most civilised. The best inventors. The best music. The best at most stuff. Except footie.

We set the standards - and that makes me genuinely proud to be British.

16. Yeah, they should send you out there instead.

Phil, Phil, Phil, if this really annoys you, genuinely annoys you, then give me some actual examples of where you are personally affected and imposed on by the EU. So's I can see where you are coming from.

So far you've taken the truly staggering leap to our hallowed Peace Envoy (gawd grant him speed) and his struggles over in that hell-hole of humanity. That affects your daily life how, exactly...?

17. joinerjohn1

Nah, I think what you really meant to put was We are the soft touch. :p:p:p:p:p:p

18. And you've summed up the Scot Nat's and UKIP's rhetoric just there; if you aren't as demanding, shouting your 'worth', wanting for yourself what you've convinced yourself everyone else probably has, and seeth with envy at invisible made-up injustices, whilst wishing everyone else to hell, then you ain't a true kipper.

It's the shallow 'everything will be wonderful with us...' glibness. It's mind-boggling.

Look at the UKIP ministers. The people in 'charge' of that 'party'. No - don't look away - face up to it, man. Do you really believe they could run anything?

Look at Salmond, Sillars, Sturgeon et al. You'd consider letting these people actually run a country?

When someone tries to suggest we should be decent to one another, actually look out for our fellow man, we risk being called a soft touch. Awesome.

I think what UKIPs really want is just, well, everything. Everything that they see everyone else seemingly has. Regardless of whether they deserve it or not. They just want 'more'. And convince themselves that the reason they don't have 'more' is because someone else has taken it from them.

19. joinerjohn1

Here's how the EU affects lives here in the UK DA.
    So,, 1, any inane law the EU passes, have to be followed by the UK, even if we don't agree with them.
    2 The UK government can't make new laws, if there are already EU laws in place. Existing British law can be replaced (see No1)
    3 Decisions made by an EU court take precedence in our countries legal system.

Think about this carefully DA In those 3 statements , we've already lost our sovereignty to the EU.. Our country isn't run from Westminster any more. We've actually become a slave to Europe.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  20. Phil the Paver