A win for GLIB.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Oct 10, 2014.

1. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

A little gem from the article you link to PtP. (just in case you missed it)
    :p:p:p:p

Maybe that's why Tomp seems to be spending more time in the garden... The Poles are getting all the work. ;);)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Human beings having non-negotiable human rights such as the right of free assembly, freedom from torture, freedom of religious belief,freedom of speech, freedom of sexuality are all worth fighting for.

3. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

You missed out best plumbers DA.;)

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  4. joinerjohn1

Yes,, but instead of human rights, what we really need is a law about Human Responsibilities. The Human Rights Act is a lawyers ticket to the rich life. It's the main reason we can't (or are hesitant to) deport foreign murderers , rapists and child molesters from our shores. All they have to do is claim they'll be tortured, back in their home country and the ECHR steps in and tells us "They have a human right to stay in the UK." Honestly they're bloody laughing at us. Another thing they do now is, get a pet cat/dog/budgie/goldfish, then the ECHR steps in and tells us "They have a right to a family life in the UK." (because they have a pet, they've so obviously settled into the UK way of life)
    I've yet to hear of a foreign criminal, not being deported from France, Germany, Italy etc. These countries would disregard anything the ECHR had to say anyway.
    Anyway Chip, you say we have "non- negotiable," human rights?? Perhaps the law needs changing to negotiable rights instead. Negotiable because of the severity of crimes committed. Why should some scum bag of a criminal have his human rights observed, when he/she has totally disregarded the human rights of their victim? I often read of cases where the criminal is claiming his "human "rights" have been violated.. I've yet to hear of one court case where the victims "human rights" have even been mentioned, far less considered.

5. I'm pleased you haven't lost your ability to cut and paste, JJ.

Now, please come up with something that genuinely affects you. Something that has caused you grievance or annoyance or concern or has actually impinged on you in a genuine tangible way. Ie: something you haven't just read in the Sun or Mail that made you do 'tut'.

You haven't been understanding what is meant by 'glib'. You end with "We've actually become a slave to Europe."

Yes, it sounds like a sit-up-and-take-notice remark that's worthy of a lot of huffing and puffing, but is actually completely meaningless. It is not a reasoned comment. It is silly.

If you don't actually think about what you are hearing or reading - and many kippers don't - then these comments probably will make you cross. Some people just like to feel cross. A lot of people like to find reasons for their lives being tawdry that has nothing to do with them. (Not counting you in there, JJ - I mean the sort of people the camera approaches after by-elections, waddling down the street, having just put out a Cig, boozer looming just a bit too close nearby - and who splutter that immigrants are wrecking the country...)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2014
  6. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

7. >enough

>enough New Member

My butcher used to flog dead horses back in the 50's and he drove a new Mk9 Jag.

8. plumberboy

Stop horseing around now that's enough!!! :p:p

9. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

No good working up your blood pressure DA, if you don't like a party or a person vote for someone you do like. I personally like UKIP, Farage, Carswell, Blours, Nuttall etc, even Bloom who got chucked out, mistakenly in my view, for a non PC remark.
    I always voted Conservative because I believed that those who work hardest deserve to keep most of their wages, but Cameron has spoiled his chances with gay marriage, windmill obsession, diversity, EU enthusiasm etc. Down to earth people understand the down to earth policies of UKIP, no wonder they are doing well.

10. plumberboy

The DEVIL never gets worked up,he's to smart unlike me.:(:(

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  11. joinerjohn1

Depends what you call work Harry. Us tradesmen are working all hours god sends, but Cameron seems to think we're not earning enough to keep most of it. Successive governments have hit those who don't earn the most, harder than those who do. ;);)

12. >enough

>enough New Member

13. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

So the moral of the story is, don't ******* vote for any of them., they're all *****.:p:p:p

14. >enough

>enough New Member

Indubitably.

15. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

You are right JJ, self employed tradesmen are usually entrepreneurs and instead of encouraging them, they are regarded as easy pickings for more tax to waste on green subsidies, overseas aid for corrupt dictators, grandiose projects etc. I don't know whether UKIP will get enough votes to have lots of MPs but one thing's for certain; they've given the other parties a good kick and made them change their ideas to more in line with popular opinion. There's no doubt that the British public are fed up with having unwanted policies thrust on them

16. >enough

>enough New Member

Whoever promises to bring back the cane, dunce hats and Old English Spangles, will get my vote.

17. joinerjohn1

Oooh Old English Spangles. You must be of a certain age.;);) And while we're at it, we want Wagon Wheels the size of dinner plates (like they used to be) :p:p:p

18. joinerjohn1

That's a good enough reason right there to leave the EU. ;);)

19. "There's no doubt that the British public are fed up with having unwanted policies thrust on them..."

You peeps really need to look up the meaning of 'glib'* before I get cross.

Harry, there is doubt.

So you are clearly chust being silly.

A bunch of gurning imbeciles may well be shouting things like "We're fed up of the EU telling us what to do...", but that doesn't actually mean anything.

You are clearly worked up about this, so here's your chance to get some things off your chest...

Without doing a surf, can you list all the policies that the EU have 'thrust upon us' that makes you fed up? Off t'top of yer 'ead, now. 'Cos something is making you upset.

(And can you also list a few other policies that the EU have thrust upon us that might actually be quite good?)

Ta muchly.

(PS - remember - these are policies that are currently making you cross right this very second - not things you might hope to find on the Daily Mail website or following a Google of loony sites...)

* Glib: fluent but insincere and shallow