Access to fix guttering above polycarbonate roofed conservatory

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Gerrard1968, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Gerrard1968

Gerrard1968 New Member

Hi guys,

I have a polycarbonate roofed conservatory, so I can and have walked on it. Problem is, I need to put a ladder on top of it to get access to the guttering above the roof.

Does anyone know if there is a non-slip weight bearing board I can get to put the ladder on? Or would this not work?

Thanks in advance.

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Can you remove any polycarbonate and put ladders through to floor of conny?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

3. Unless its 50mm p/c you cant walk on it,

Youngmans spanned across.

4. Gerrard1968

Gerrard1968 New Member

I can't see a way to remove a panel. I can definitely walk on it because I have done while I've pointed parts of the wall above it.

5. Regardless of what the roof is made of, conservatory roof is pitched yes ? (i.e it has has a slope) you never going to be able to put a ladder safely on this, might as well walk over the house roof and hang over the edge to repair guttering (not suggesting you do)

best bet (without knowing full picture) couple of scaf towers, youngmans across the two over conservatory and job sorted, have done this many a time, handy little tip: slide scaffolding pole from tower to tower first (much lighter that youngmans board) then slid youngmans over that flip board over and raise scaf pole up and use as hand rail.

good luck !