ACL Lifestyle Mid-Position Valve

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by malctoy, Nov 26, 2007.

1. malctoy

malctoy New Member

Brrrr.... been cold this weekend with our central heating not functioning! I thought it was the Randall Danfloss 4033 timer control but it turns out to be the ACL Lifestyle Mid-Position valve located above the pump in our airing cupboard.

It seems this is not working properly - sometimes on for a short period, sometimes off and the hot water scalding.

I cannot find the item on the 'net' and it must be 10 years plus since we had it and probably not longer in production.

Does anyone know of a suitable and recommended replacement? I was thinking of the electrics mainly as I realize that it will mean a 'draindown' of at least upstairs.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be really grateful as would my wife who is shivering all the time!!!!

2.  ASBOhoodie

ASBOhoodie New Member

all mid pos valves are a standard fitting/dimensions..

as for elec connection, some are earthed and some aint

find out witch one yours is and replace appropriately

3. user28

user28 New Member

Try this Drayton MA1/679-3 Central Heating Valve 22mm
    now Drayton.

4. gaslad

gaslad New Member

whats all this crazy talk of a drain down ! do it on the bungs and save yourself a lot of time and effort filling up and clearing airlocks .