Additional radiator..

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by how much?, Dec 31, 2012.

1. how much?

how much? New Member

Hi, I would like to add a radiator in loft conversion. Combi boiler with no water tank in airing cupboard,obviously. Just a little ' 2 bar gate' (best I can describe it) 1' high made up of 15mm copper pipe that warms the cupboard.

I don't know if it's a 2 pipe job or 1 pipe with rads all tee'd off. The floor boards are all big sheets with all internal walls on top of.  Not looking forward to lift them to have a look.

Can I tee off X2 from the airing cupboard, or should that be cut and 2 elbows up to the new rad? or will that stop all the flow if i turn off the rad in loft?

If it was a ring main and a socket it would be easy - or is that what it is like

return and flow, yes yes, but er, could it be a one pipe job or 2, dunno :(

2. J.P.

J.P. New Member

Whip orff the CH primaries with a couple of 22/22/15mm ef etc, and use a Thermostatic Rad Valve (TRV) - best to use LH as flow and fit valve on as said - although you can reverse stuff, but I don't reverse flows, however you can fit the valve on the return if awkward on LH side.

3. how much?

how much? New Member

Thanks JP, obvious init , seriously, i would never have thought of that... cheers

4. J.P.

J.P. New Member

No probs m8. Happy New Year..:)