Adjust glazed door

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Andrew Williams, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams New Member

Hi there,

I've a glazed door that's shifted ever so slightly... well, an half inch, so it's draghty. I get the principle of moving the hinges left or right to square the door but I just can't find where to adjust on this door. I've tried an Allen key in most every nook I can, no joy...

I've attached a pic of the hinges. Id put more up but file size ... Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

No picture - yet ;)

3. Andrew Williams

I'll try again...

Attached Files:

4. Andrew Williams

5. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

The hinge in the first pic, looks like it has been moved and someone has but wall plugs in the old holes

upload_2017-3-22_8-39-50.png

6. Andrew Williams

I'll have a closer look today at that - are you referring to the two holes top and bottom? Indoor think so but that would explain why allen keys don't work. I assume that the would otherwise be the adjusting screws?

Thanks for the quick reply by the way

7. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

For heaven's sake. So where has it moved? Likely the glass needs packing, not the hinges.

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Have you turned to religion Handy?

9. Andrew Williams

The doors glass has been heeled and toed (as I understand the term) so should be ok...ill look again though. Still, it would be good to know just where the adjustment screws are. It's an old door, my new doors have been pretty obvious re adjustment screws.

Any ideas?