Advice for fitting a 2 piece MDF bath panel

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Jockie Joe, May 6, 2016.

1. Jockie Joe

Jockie Joe New Member

Thanks folk for the advice and suggestions. I have a few choices to try out :) When I was searching the net I saw something called button fixers for panels. Have any of you tried them out?
    www.button-fix.co

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

dead link

3. Jockie Joe

Jockie Joe New Member

Aaahh. .sorry 'bout that..try this:

www.button-fix.com

Type 2 is properly the best one for panels..

4. Jockie Joe

Jockie Joe New Member

Thanks for this Dave, that is good advice to take on board . The panel came from our local bathroom & kitchen supply shop, who ordered the panel via a larger manufacturer, they don't supply fixings with it and have to get that ourselves. I like the idea of having a baton..that is definitely something to try. Like yourself, only know basic DIY, keen to try and see how it flares. If all fails..time to call in the experts!

5. Tony Wills

Tony Wills New Member

Button-fix Type 2 just pushes on with a satisfying click. Watch their video on how to fit a bath panel but remember to buy the Type 2 marker tools as it makes marking out a doddle - no ruler or pencil needed! If you have an end panel make sure the long side panel sits in front of it. Just done this myself at home and it is dead easy.

6. TomS1

TomS1 New Member

7. reg.marshall

reg.marshall New Member

Things have moved on since this recommendation: This set is the 'old' green buttons, and crucially, doesn't include the vital Fix marker tools: I've completed my umpteenth bath panel using the latest Type 2 Button-fix, with the Blue buttons, which give a much greater lead-in and tolerance when replacing the panels, especially the large panel.. and the Marker tools (get at least four.. you'll use them again and again..) are a godsend. Absolutely foolproof; I don't even need a tape measure or pencil. Contrast this with trying to fit Keku clips which I used to use - endless measuring, refitting, breaking clips.. it was a horrible job. The number of times I had to return to site to replace a broken Keku... note the Button-fixes are made in Nylon, which is indestructible, however hard the punters try. Not a single return.
    I can't recommend Button-fix Type 2 enough. Why they're not in SF I really don't know? They're British made too! Come on Screwfix, it's a no-brainer.
    They are available from Amazon/Ebay here.. do make sure to get the latest 'Blue Button' Type 2, and the improved clip-on Fix markers. They don't come with instructions, but actually their website has everything you need, including screw recommendations, and some handy videos.

8. reg.marshall

reg.marshall New Member

At last ScrewFix have seen the light! Button-fix are finally available, though only online to order. They're in packs of thirty though, so more than you'd need for a bath panel fit-out; but to be honest I have found many other uses for them, so it's handy to have a few extra.

tore81 likes this.