Advice on fittings for Grundfos 22mm Surrey Flange

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by webless, Jun 22, 2010.

1. webless

webless New Member

Hi,

I am in the process of installing a Aqualisa pumped shower and at the last minute found out i should consider avoiding air trap at the top of my vented cylinder.

To do so I have purchased a 22mm Surrey Flange which requires a 22mm MI&C compression coupler for the new air-free outlet.

Just one question..

The vertical vented feed from the flange has a female connection which is larger than 22mm accross, approx external dimension is 40mm. Could someone advise what coupler i need to connect the flange back to a 22mm

Many Thanks

Steve

2. rome60

rome60 New Member

A 1" BSP to 22mm male compression brass elbow or a 1" to 3/4" brass bush and conex 302 fitting.;)

3. webless

webless New Member

Thanks for the quick response (I have the cylinder disconnected) just a question on the size, the standard supply from the top of the flange measure 1.25" internal, the shower feed measures 1" internal.

So for the shower feed the size below would make sense, is there a 1.25" equivalent for the standard feed?

4. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Aqualisa do not recommend S flanges. Just tee off under the horizontal feed from the HWC.

5. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

I agree, chuck the stupid flange and tee off. Easier and cheaper.

6. webless

webless New Member

Thanks for the responses guys.

Just a update on this, i needed to fit the cylinder back in by the end of the day and fitted the surrey flange.

I cant test the shower yet so not sure how successful, meanwhile I have emailed Aqualisa to ask the whay and the why on this - trawling around the net there seems to be mixed response on the fitting of a Surrey or a Warrix.

Given i have already installed it I thought i would get Aqualisa's spin.

Either way though, i thought a flange was a good idea for two main reasons:

1) Prevents interuption of flow if other hot taps are used, thus safety measure to prevent sclading.

2) Reduces the amount of air flowing to the shower feed, improving the flow and prolonging the life of the pump.

I can see why a warix may offer a better flow over and above a surrey, but not confident enough to be cutting holes in the side of the tank.

When i get the official line back from Aqualisa i will post.

BTW The shower i am using is Axis Digital Pumped.

7. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

8. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

...not to mention invalidating the warranty by DELIBERATELY ignoring the manufacturers instructions.....

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing ;)

9. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Why do manufacturers bother with instructions if muppet go and ignore them?

The sam Muppets who ask for advice and then ignore that too?

S flanges are notorious for poor shower performance. Bin it and fit the hot feed in either A or B as per the instructions.

10. G Brown

G Brown New Member

..since when did you have to cut to fit a crummy Warix flange anyway?

11. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

I have gone full circle on flanges. I use to fit Essex, then moved to Surrey and now never use flanges at all. They are useless, troublesome and not needed.

12. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Still the Muppet OP clearly does not want advice, he ignores the manufactures and ours!

On his own head be it!