Advice on soil pipe run.

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by 14th edition, May 2, 2016.

1. 14th edition

14th edition Well-Known Member

Customer is converting garage to utility and toilet room. He has put in to BC but they have not inspected yet. The existing soil pipe runs along the back of the house and then at small inspection chamber turns towards the house, looks like it picks up the gulley from old utility [which was originally converted from a carport] and then runs under the house..... At the front of the house there is no sign of any inspection chambers [deep gravel everywhere!] but there is one some 20 metres further from the house near the road.
    This is difficult to describe but the outlet from the new toilet he wants to connect to the back of the house which means through garage wall chamber/right angle [this takes it in the opposite direction to the main run under the house and to main sewer], another chamber and right angle to bring it along the back of the house and yet another to turn it finally to line up with existing run. I am not happy with this idea even tho the fall is ok. What do you think?
    My view is he should dig a trench along the front of the house and take the run to a new inspection chamber at the front of the house but not sure what the regs are for his idea?

2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Is it possible to draw a quick sketch with dims, as cant picture the runs :)

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Go with the flow.

If I have understood you correctly, I would go with new inspection chamber at front of house, but we need a sketch please.

4. 14th edition

14th edition Well-Known Member

Building inspector has been round thank heavens, sanity has been restored... Connect round the front!

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

:):):)