Advice Please....End Panels

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by richo106, Aug 30, 2017.

1. richo106

richo106 Member

Fitting a new galley kitchen and i've got a problem

Basically a pipe (which can't be altered) is interfering with the door opening (300 unit)

This is the last unit in the row and it has a freestanding washing to one side, so i was wondering could I do away with the end panels either side of washing machine to give me the clearance i need to install the unit without hitting the pipe and the door open.

How would i finish the plinths or have you any other suggestions?

Thanks

2. Hi Richo.

I don't fully understand your dilemma, but the answer is 'yes'.

By that I mean that - when it comes to kitchens - anything is possible. Tweaks are second-nature to most kitchen fitters.

Best thing I can suggest is for you to post a photo - keep it under 2MP (I think) - and then you'll get lots of advice.

Some of it very useful.

And some of it might even have to do with the kitchen.

:)

3. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

Yes it will be fine. Just a bit of iron on / stick on edging to finish the plinth end off.

4. richo106

richo106 Member

Here is a picture of my current situation... on the right there is an end panel as i was hoping to install one either side.

As you can see the pipes on the left are still in the way of the 300 unit and the door. I was thinking to remove the end panel so i would gain another 18mm and be able to move the unit off the wall enough

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Attached Files:

5. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Change the hinges. You can get hinges that pull the door forward( in your case, to the right) as well as opening at 90º.

And the 300mm only has a side panel, so no removing that.

6. richo106

richo106 Member

Could you point me in the direction of these hinges please

7. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

What is fitted along the row to the RHS of the washing mc?

8. richo106

richo106 Member

1000 base with sink, 2 x 600 units and 600 space for freestanding cooker

9. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Could you explain why that pipe can't be moved ?

10. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

What gap did you leave for cooker? Your washing machine looks quite tight now...10-20mm excess is nice to have.

11. richo106

richo106 Member

As you can see the pipe runs horizontal and it cant be lowered as they are more pipes in the way as the boiler is above the unit

Attached Files:

12. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

The pic you just posted is deceiving. There is plenty of room to take that pipe between the pipe below it and the bottom pipe. If you then use what are known as 180 degree hinges on the door they will throw the door away from the pipe where it would be curved around the pip that is below it at the moment. Pipes can nearly always be moved and when we fit a kitchen the customer always expects us to sort the pipework to suite the kitchen. If you do that you then have enough room to move the 300 base to the left and put an end panel next to the washer. To be honest though, CGN is correct. The best option is to remove the end panel on the right and give the washer at least 610mm. They move a lot when spinning anyway unless they are 100% level. If you do that, then you could also move the 300 base 8mm to the right.