Advice please on floor and wall tile spacing

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by diymostthings, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Rob_bv

Rob_bv Active Member

Nice. I have another bathroom job coming up soon, I was looking at something like these or the "Perfect Level Master" ones (which seem a fair bit more expensive)

2. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Grey, Grey or Grey?

Look at te Ardex range for example - there are about 12 different Grey tones plus White and Black. http://www.ardex.co.uk/products/ardex-flex-fs

They do grout for gaps up to 4mm and another for gaps of 3-15mm ...

3. diymostthings

diymostthings Well-Known Member

Thanks Pollowick - sorry over delay in replying - I thought the thread was finished (no email to me about your post). Very interesting. I'll certainly look into it. It just shows that there is a whole new world of products out there beyond the Wickes B and q and topps tiles etc...

KIAB likes this.
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Very good products Ardex, only tile adhesive I've use is from them.

5. diymostthings

diymostthings Well-Known Member

Thanks Kiab. Getting overwhelmed now with good advice. Would be interesteing to hear from someone who had a bad time with a product - and why it was bad...

6. Pollowick

There most certainly is ... My tiling is DIY and I am slow however I cannot fault the Ardex x-7 and X77 (flexible) adhesives. You can mix as much or little as you need, consistency is good and it holds the tiles where you want them, easy to lift a tile, re-comb adhesive and try again. Good long open times, so if you mix reasonable quantities, you don't waste much. Their grouts mix up well even in very small amounts and work well too.

Down side - it is not the cheapest, however by shopping around and I have a couple of good suppliers, prices are not much more than shed own brand.

KIAB likes this.
  7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Normally only two I use, Ardex x-7 and X77, hard to find better.:)

8. Pollowick

or four if you include the -W and -G variants!