Aerial/sky routing help

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by KevinMessiter, Apr 19, 2015.

1. KevinMessiter

KevinMessiter New Member

hi and thank you for reading.
    Basically I am revavating my home and at the point of installing the cable and equipment for digital TV and sky around the home. My question is what do I need to achieve the following:
    2x sky channels and digital free view piped to 5 locations around the home from 1x digital aerial and 2x Sky imputs (sky+ and Sky multi room)
    Is this set up possible?
    Which cable should I buy?
    What kind of booster?
    Any other considerations?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Kev

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Best setup would be a satellite multiswitch with 5 input and 8 output with a 60cm "circular" dish or larger, NOT the usual Sky dish.
    You might need a FM+DAB+UHF combiner, if you decide to have FM, DAB & Digital TV to combine all the signals into one cable.
    Use Webro WF100 Twin Satellite Coaxial Cable (this is the higher quality twin cable, there is a thinner type WF65 twin, but it's not good for longer runs) for all the drops to the rooms & for the two seperate feeds to the quad LNB (Technomate TM4), cost £20 - One of the best available.

The quad LNB provides the four frequency bands and polarisations required by a satellite receiver.

You will also need faceplates which give you your twin output feed for Sky, etc.

upload_2015-4-19_18-39-22.png

Come back if you want more fuller details.

FatHands likes this.
  3. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

yeah another vote for satcure.co.uk

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

5. Luke Redpath

Luke Redpath Member

If I'm reading this right, you've got two Sky boxes? Or did you intend to have a Sky box for each location? If the latter then distributing the dish feed around the house as above sounds like a good plan, otherwise you could have your two Sky boxes in a central location and then distribute the HDMI signal to where you want it - you'd still only be able to watch as many channels at once as you have Sky boxes (plus 1 recording channel on each box) though.

Probably the best way for distributing digital video through the house is over CAT6 but you would need an HDMI baluns at each end of the connection, or you could have a proper HDMI distribution matrix but then it starts getting expensive!