Air bleed on vertical ch hw pipes

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Coloumb, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Hi guys

I'm moving the main feed and return hw pipes from the boiler as the original route meant the pipes where wall mounted in the kitchen which looks naff. I've found a better route so they will be hidden. Anyway, at the top of the run I've found someone has fitted a couple of radiator bleed valves I presume to drain the air at the top of the pipe run. I've never seen anything like this before (well I don't do a lot of this kind of work to be fair) and it seems a bit pointless imo what with them being under the floor boards and carpet, the only person who would have known they where there would have been the original installer.
    Is it worth moving them to the top of my new pipe run or shall I just ignore them? If I move them they will be back under the baords once I nail 'em down.

2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Is this installation in a house with the boiler located downstairs?

These are air vents, have these been installed?
    [​IMG]

3. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Hi mate, yup boiler downstairs, hw tank and manifold upstairs. Regular air bleed vents as seen in radiators, deffo not any kind of air vent valve.

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Just ignore them. As long as you can bleed the highest point on an upstairs radiator, that's fine.

5. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Cheers mate