Airing Cupboard Light Project

Discussion in 'Project Photos' started by Jitender, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Had combi installed a number of years ago. All the tanks and cylinder were removed.

Going to use the cupboard to store things in. Mum's idea to put in some kind of light :)

Went for a track light and needed 2 extension. Was going to put one ceiling light on. but then having shelves would mean light wouldn't shine all the way down.

upload_2017-6-28_19-13-25.png

upload_2017-6-28_19-13-34.png

Door to match rest of house upstairs. This is not a fire door like others. Still needs to be oiled...
    upload_2017-6-28_19-19-26.png

Push to break switch installed in door lining.
    upload_2017-6-28_19-19-49.png

[​IMG]

upload_2017-6-28_19-21-3.png

Track fitted. Didn't need plugs as batten behind plasterboard. Used single box to house all connections so are easily accessible.
    upload_2017-6-28_19-20-6.png

Having the 2nd track means a spot light can be direct to the bottom of cupboard.
    upload_2017-6-28_19-21-27.png

upload_2017-6-28_19-20-24.png

Still need to fit shelves and finish off.

Attached Files:

btiw2 likes this.
  2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Strip led's could have worked well.

3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Never used them. They do look good. Think I will try some on another project!

4. leesparkykent

leesparkykent Well-Known Member

Looks good apart from the cross bonding :D

5. Sammi

Sammi Member

That is nice work.

Are these lights LED? I ask because I'd be worried about having halogens in a location where I couldn't be sure they've been turned off, and they become very hot in use.

You might wish that door was 'fire' rated after all, to keep the flames inside :).

6. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Lamps supplied with the fittings were halogen, I have upgraded to LED bulbs.

Switch was sticking when new but seems to switch on/off now with opening and closing of door.

You know when the lights are out.

Sammi likes this.