Alarm Door contacts Wiring

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by bond007, Nov 2, 2013.

1. bond007

bond007 Well-Known Member

I have wired my door contacts wiring to the back of the Texecom Alarm panel
    What am wanting to know is how do i wire into the door contacts

I have posted pics of the front and back door contacts wiring and the actual door contact itself.

Has the back and front door wiring meant to be same?

If anyone could kindly advise me how to wire it please be much appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

This should help.

Texecom Veritas Magnetic Contacts
    [​IMG]

Texecom Veritas Global Tamper
    [​IMG]

3. bond007

So out of the 6 coloured wires coming out from the door contact wiring I only need to connect 4 of them to the door contact?, Front and back door both the same?

On the control panel the door contact wiring goes to Z1&Z2, two wires on each. A black and a red. Is that correct?

4. Lectrician

Not really, unless that cable is looping past a couple contacts? Or perhaps the installer has put the tamper loop on its own zone (Z2).

Colours mean little, every installer has their own preference to which colours they use for what. As long as both ends are the same.

5. bond007

Cable isnt passing any contacts. All it is that i have replaced me Alarm Panel and replaced the doors.
    So all am wanting to do is put new contacts to existing wiring.

So both ends same mean if a connect red/black wiring on alarm panel then a connect the same 2 wires on the door contacts?

6. Lectrician

Exactly as above, with what ever colours you prefer, or want ever colours are used in the panel.

7. bond007

Much apprecaited, So only 2 colours used in panel so am only using the same 2 on door contact then?
    Al give that a go
    On the diagram it blue/yell on panel side not connected to anything but on the door contact side connected?

8. Lectrician

The blue yellow in diagram is the tamper loop forte global tamper in the next diagram. Your detectors tampers should all be looped in the same way.

9. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Get an intruder alarm guy in, colours mean nothing, depends on how they are used.
    A alarm guy knows what to look for, how to suss out crappy wiring, false economy to try to sort it yourself imho.
    Unfortunately to many 'sparks' think they can do alarms!...and unfortunately Lectrician you are doing them no real favours with diagrams such as those copied and pasted from installation manuals.

10. Lectrician

And your post Rulland, does even less.

11. bond007

12. bond007

Well tbh Lectrician information is really helpful as its pretty straight forward to follow.
    A did call a " Alarm Guy" - but he wanted £75 for doing that along with putting a slave socket.
    Hence why i reverted to coming on here.
    Whats worst that can happen is door contact no work if a wire it up in correct. Then i will just resort to calling one out after.

13. bond007

Also will it make that beeping noise once the door open and closes when door contact is connected?

14. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

If you enable 'chime' on that zone, yes.

15. GuardSys

GuardSys New Member

One of our latest projects.Hope this picture will help you . *

Edited by Screwfix Peter, due to unsuitable marketing link

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
  16. Stevo's

Stevo's New Member

Experts please put me out of my misery? Rewind to Magnetic contacts fig 4 (above)and I have a pair of magnetic contacts wired exactly as shown arriving within my panel(single garage/no windows)
    Two 4 core cables then and for simplicity I had intended to connect the reds&black as zone 1 and 2 EVEN if they could've been wired and terminated as a shared zone one.
    May I simply twist the blues together and the yellows together within the panel and connect them to the two terminals 'tamper'?
    Ta lots!

17. secureiam

secureiam New Member

The three diagrams above show:-

1. A single grade 1 door contact wired to a panel zone. The blue and yellow continue to the global tamper

2.The second diagram shows 3 grade 1 door contacts wired in series, going to a zone, The blue and yellow continue to the global tamper.

3. Shows the wires coming back from the contacts to the panel and zone 8 appears to be powered so is probably a PIR.

If you print the diagram off and get some felt tip pens/ crayons, colour the cables.
    Y= Yellow
    B= Blue on the diagram

It should be easy to see, that the cables are holding hands in a chain so it passes from one device to the next before it returns back to the panel.

The wiring would be slighty different if it was a grade 2 contact and you were utilising the back tamper (you'll see a spring if its grade two).

If you have an R8+ or Excel or Premier panels, I wouldn't use the global tamper but use resistors and you will know where the tamper is coming from easier.

It is always recomended that if you are struggling to understand basic wiring or programing, to get a professional in.