Am fitting a Unvented Water Heater rated at 3kw

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by SrewcFix, Sep 2, 2010.

1. SrewcFix

SrewcFix New Member

Question is can I use an exisitng socket (switched to fused spur) to power it the website says:
    "50 ltr Aquapoint III 3kW unvented water heater, Glass lined vessel with Unvented Kit, Capacity: 50 ltr, Dimensions mm: 690H x 420W x 445D Rating: 3kW @ 240V
    Heating element: Embedded rod type

Also says ok to wire into ring main circuit, just checking this is correct as do they really know?

Thanks

2. seneca2

seneca2 New Member

I'd say it should have a 16 amp dedicated circuit with a 20 amp dp switch just as a conventional immersion heater should.

3. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

I agree with Seneca. Should be on a dedicated 16A or 20A radial circuit. :)

4. state-it

state-it New Member

Seeing as you're obviously qualified to install unvented systems under Building Regs part G, and as the plumbing bit of it is notifiable work and you are going to certify it...

Surely you should know what the electrical requirements of such a system are?

;)

5. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Quite so!

Only an unqualified cowboy breaking the law would have to ask such a question.....there is a reason you have to be qualified to fit these! :)

6. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

Hate to spoil your 'ELITE' party guys, you now no longer need to hold a G3 certificate to install unvented cylinders! Just install & get building control to check (as you can't self certify ur work).

B4 long, you'll not need to be Gas Safe, or competent, to work on gas appliances? Just install & phone gas safe to come verify it's been fitted properly. Great:(

7. SrewcFix

SrewcFix New Member

Who said I was going to fit it !!! does'nt take long for all the name calling at the slightest mention of doing work that has to be certified does it. Wanted to know for an idea of what funds I need to spend, keep your hair on matey

8. J.P.

J.P. New Member

9. J.P.

J.P. New Member

:^O

10. ohms law

ohms law New Member

Own circuit, no option of going on the ring.