Anti vibration gloves

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by sospan, Nov 15, 2016.

1. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Well too many old injuries and getting older means doing things like marathon sanding sessions are getting too painful. I had just spent the last day and half sanding some boards and my hands and elbows were real throbbing.

SI am not a great fan of wearing work gloves but needs must, so I got some Stanley Anti Vibration gloves. They did work quite well but boy do your hands get hot.

Anybody tried Anti Vibration gloves ?

BTW if you Google these make sure you put in the word "Anti" if you don't you will have to delete your browsing history before your other half sees it :oops:

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Got a pair, only time I use them is with my sds breaker, other times, I use grippy gloves with the grinder or sabre saw.

3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Yours any good ?

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  6. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

The heat is was the problem with the Stanley ones I got today

Amazon do these : https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0154PMYOK?psc=1

Amazon do a lot of impacto gloves - don't know anything about the brand.

The aria gloves - I don't wear much but the family and friends that help out wear loads. I get them cheap in (£13.99) from Costco - there is one in Bristol not far from you.

Just sanded 96 sqm of board to remove some horrible coating on the boards. The coating is some sort of combined stain /wax /varnish /lacquer. It won't shift with any of the solvents I have tried. So it is sanding all the way :(

KIAB likes this.
  7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Must poke my nose in Costco, when I'm next in Bristol.:)

8. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Sospan, thank you for mentioning these I will have to pick some up, like you and KIAB said, lots of sanding and using the SDS does cause my arms pain too.

While on the subject of Costco, the one near me, Watford, started selling makita and dewalt cordless packs. The big ones that include the bag n all. Interesting too see, for a wholesaler.

9. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

If you go to CostCo look out for their Tarpaulin packs which are quite hard to find on the shelf. These are medium-heavy duty lorry tarps and you get 2 for about £15.

Joe95 likes this.
  10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Thanks, need some Tarps.:)

11. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Which hand do you wear the glove one? You still feel the vibrator? :oops::p

12. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Look at concrete pokers. The industrial vibrator :D

Thanks sospan. Finding tarps that actually last would be nice.

Problem is I always walk out with the hot dog meal. They are good for £2.50

13. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Don't know if you are familiar with them - they are a "trade" outlet a bit like Macro but allows you to get UK and US products at a discount but with a really good "no quibble" returns policy. We had a Whirlpool tumble dryer from them. We had two service calls to fix it before I called them and whilst it wasn't their problem they offered to take it back without issue.

You do have to join - http://warehouses.costco.co.uk/membership/

Worth it for the kitchen roll which is about the best you can get

14. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Already a member!:)

15. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Kitchen roll and toilet paper. We also get cereal, pasta other food bits there. For the prices you pay they are very good products. Regard them highly got great customer service too.
    I keep a bunch of the kitchen roll along with the big wipes in the van, don't disintegrate or rip like others tend to.

16. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I keep on eyeing up the workshop storage equipment. There isn't many places in the UK where you can walk out of a shop with full height scaffolding tower, set of tyres, pool house, 6 pints of milk and a hot dog !

KIAB likes this.
  17. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Snap ;)

18. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

The milk from there is my favourite, not watered down as much as the supermarkets.
    The shelving and plastic boxes are brilliant too. The plastic boxes are the best ones I've used, lids don't fold in and are surprisingly hard wearing.
    Also have them do the tyres on both the van and the V70, again good prices and much lower than the local garage to install.
    Only issue is, you go there wanting a few things, and walk out with a full trolley...

KIAB likes this.
  19. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Several trolleys, if you take a filly with you.:(

Joe95 likes this.
  20. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

these work well ;)

upload_2016-11-16_10-14-0.png

Joe95 likes this.