any answeres

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by sam69, Jul 15, 2014.

1. sam69

sam69 New Member

doing my college work and have lost the study course for this question and cant seem to find it in the web just wondering if any one knew the answere to my question

upon receipt of a notice of intention to start work, the water undertaker has a period of days in wich to respond. wich of the following responses can the water undertaker NOT choose?

a) give consent
    b)refuse consent
    c) give consent subject to conditions
    d) send an inspector to see the work before consenting to the
    proposal.

at a guess i would say (d) but cant be 100%.

thank you any answer's very much appriciated.

2. kiaora

kiaora Guest

hi
    to be a plumber you must be able to sort out things as you go along, as a old plumber, i don't know the answer off the top of my head, but its easy to sort out...
    ring the local water board and just ask!
    job sorted!
    its how to get on in plumbing.... right question to the right person...................
    kind regards
    peter

3. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

+1
    Yup the key is not knowing everything but knowing where to find the answer:)
    Lots of gas regs and calculations that I needed but could never remember, as long as you know there is a reg that's what counts then you can look it up.
    my copy of the WRAS states (in essence) .

The undertaker may withhold consent, or grant it subject to conditions, by a notice given before the expiry of 10 days.

But the answer to your particular question is not what are the regs but what they are not! The best way to answer that is contact your college;)

Good luck with the career :)
    Best wishes teabreak.

FatHands and kiaora like this.
  4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

See, I would have said b).

How can any work be refused without reason(and you can't have reason without checking).

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

a) give consent
    b)refuse consent
    c) give consent subject to conditions
    d) send an inspector to see the work before consenting to the
    proposal.

a to c sounds like summat the missus does.... D sounds like summat I'd do to the missus. :p:p:p:p:p:p

Biochef and plumberboy like this.
  6. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

...and all within the space of 2 minutes! :D

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

7. Biochef

Biochef Member

:p:p:p