any doctors in today ?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tom.plum, Mar 21, 2014.

1. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

been for a blood pressure test today, its 178 over 95, the doc's not impressed and says i gotta stop doing all the things a northener likes to do, suppin', pies n' chips and lazing in bed, :(
    the stress of work was overlooked in the doctors list of things to avoid, why is that :confused:

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Surprised he didn't get you straight into hospital, with that result!

(Don't wanna worry you like)

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

3. Phew.

I thought Mr Plum was being serious there for a minute :confused:. But then I read the bit about his 'stress of work' and pi***d myself laughing...

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Cut down the salt and take **** pills x

5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

So it's a bad reading then, GULP, I'm in 't shat then cos I don't like salt, i don't sup all that much really ( for a northeren) and if arnie swartinigger had to carry my tools around he'd loose a stone in a week, I need a new a new doctor, :rolleyes:

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

They say 120/80 is normal and 140/90 is high so yes.
    Don't worry, it's treatable, they will probably also check for diabetes and if you have got that you can't get life insurance so sort that out first.

7. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I'm a northeren, that now live down south, I don't drink at all :confused:, southeren softy. :p

8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

140/90 isn't excessively high. Tomp's is getting to be a bit on the high side though. Last time I was at the doc's he admonished me for not taking the blood thinners they'd prescribed a year last Christmas following my very slight stroke. I told him, when I'm off out up't club or, pub, and have a shave before I go, I'm bleeding like a stab victim for hours. It's no fun trying to play bingo, when yer chin drips all over the ticket (specially if your using a red coloured dobber n'all) :p:p:p:p (anyway, I now take 75mg of aspirin every day,,,, well,, when I remember) ;););)

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I'm type 2 diabetic and one of the symptoms is bleeding like a stuck pig over the slightest scratch.

10. Phil the Paver

11. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

Look on the bright side, There is plenty of Chippy's here that can make you a wooden overcoat :p

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I'm sure Tom would just want to be flushed with full plumbers honours and a 21 plunger salute.

Phil the Paver likes this.
  13. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

try and take some time out for yourself tomp. 2 mile walk everyday may help
    all the best fats

14. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

I tried that. It's a bugger when you gotta walk 10 miles back home on Friday!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

FatHands likes this.
  15. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

That's a bugger,,, Tomp's local is only 1/3rd of a mile away.... Mind you, it's an excuse to go there 3 times a day. :p:p:p:p

FatHands likes this.
  16. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Don't forget that walking home from the pub is 3 steps forward then 2 steps back and 1 to the side.

FatHands likes this.
  17. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It's the closing time cha cha cha.

19. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

1/3rd of a mile? is it buggery its about 3 miles and i often miss the bus so its a good walk home when you reckon the one pace forward and two paces back, then put into the equation that i'm passing 2 curry houses,two pizza paulars an inglish chippy a chinese chippy and a macdonalds to a week willed drunk its like asking a rat to walk past a cheese factory and smell but don't touch, Is it any wonder I'm ready for the knackers yard :(

FatHands likes this.
  20. Phil the Paver

I went to see my surgeon on Tuesday for a check up after my back surgery, he said are you exercising, I said yes I walk to the shops(about half miles eachway), he laughed recond I should be walking 10 miles a day, like **** I thought to myself.

FatHands likes this.