Any experience of service at Benchmarx?

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by TartanPaint, Sep 30, 2014.

1. TartanPaint

TartanPaint Member

Hi. Has anyone had experience of replace something damaged or picking up spares at Benchmarx? Was thinking of giving their kitchens a try as I'd heard good things but wondered what the service is really like when you need something replaced same/next day.

2. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I never touch any of the trade counters for kitchens, Howdens Magnet etc are all pretty rubbish and pricy. Much better if you buy online

3. TartanPaint

TartanPaint Member

goldenboy - where do you buy online and how do you get any spares quickly?

I've seen the likes of diy-kitchens (seem well made and good range of unit sizes) but they can't even reply to email within a week, so I wouldn't trust them to send a spare part or replacement quickly.

Went into Benchmarx the other day and they tell me all parts are 24 hours max to get in if not in stock. Actually I noticed carcasses had better back panels than Howdens. I might give them a Howdens quote to see what they come up with pricewise.

4. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

Benchmark are the same units as Wickes. Strong enough but just plain white. No impact resistant edging either so they do mark easily.

5. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I buy off diy-kitchens and have done for many years, the odd bit has taken a couple of phone calls to sort, but the quality is so much better than anyone else I am happy to live with a bit of hassle.

The odd damaged door etc gets changed within a couple of days. I am a pretty regular customer so they just send me a box of spare fittings everynow and then, hinges, pegs, cover caps. Endpanels and plinths I just order a spare one usually to take the pressure off and if I don't use it it goes into stock in the workshop.

6. TartanPaint

TartanPaint Member

Thanks for the replies. I'd heard diy-kitchen stuff was good quality, do they have another pricelist for trade?

7. LuvArf

LuvArf New Member

First time using benchmarx,couple of things needed changing. The chap in Park Royal was more than helpful.