Any one want a conservatory.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Alan bell, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Alan bell

Alan bell New Member

Not sure if this is allowed but if not please delete.
    I want rid of a 3.5 x 3.5 10 year old conservatory, it's got a few failed units but must be
    Of use to somebody, I am not selling it I am giving it away to anyone who will dismantle
    And take away. I will post some pics later if this post stays on..
    I am based in Horwich Nr Bolton.

2. Very kind.

Best bet is to stick it on eBay Mr Bell :)

And Gumtree. And Vivastreet. "Free to good home... Buyer dismantles and collects."

Alan bell likes this.
  3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Reckon Tomp would have it ,, fer his tomatoes (and spiders) :D:D:D:D:D:D

Alan bell likes this.
  4. Alan bell

Alan bell New Member

Just had a look on the Bay, may give it a go. Just don't want some badger ripping it down and damaging the dwarf wall which I'm keeping. Anyway the post is still here so I will try to post a picture

Attached Files:

5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I would think a person with an allotment would be glad of that for a big greenhouse, Sadley its too big for my garden, Its a bonny looking consevatory I'm pretty sure someone would be glad of it, ;)

Alan bell likes this.
  6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Do you have one in white? :)

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  7. Alan bell

Alan bell New Member

Yes, just turn it inside out

cjeam and Deleted member 33931 like this.
  8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

But then I would get wet :(

Alan bell likes this.
  9. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

'Wetter'

chippie244 likes this.
  10. Ooooh - Mr Bell got one over Chippie ^^^

That don't happen very often... :D

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I chose to humour him, everybody deserves a break now and again. I even spoke to the one eye'd chippie with bad breath today :D:D

12. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Yer but telling him to **** off doesn't really count, does it. :p:p:p

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I was very polite and asked him if he had the rounding over bit in his trimmer. :)

14. Mr. Handyandy

Well tomorrow, brush your teeth then you can speak to him with fresh breath!
    :D

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

15. Mr. Handyandy

Hey, the smiley icon has moved on the posting page!

16. Alan, that's a nice looking connie.

I reckon eBay will see a £ew hundred in yer pocket from that. (Give it to charity if you really don't want it for yourself.)

And if it does fetche a bit of money, I reckon the buyer will be more likely to take care taking it down than if it were a freebie. (Sadly, a freebie could have 'all sorts' coming round for a quick 'make' on it.)

So perhaps hold on the 'free' Gumtree/Vivastreet options for a week? Make it a 99p start auction on t'Bay - emphasise 'no reserve'.

Make it VERY clear in your advert what its condition is - list every 'fault' and issue. But also point out the good bits - working doors, windows, etc. Also emphasise that the 'buyer must dismantle and remove by x date and without causing damage to the remaining walls' bit. HIGHLIGHTED. IN BOLD :)

Alan bell likes this.
  17. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

When I built my extension, I had a plain boring glass to floor white conservatory, I stuck it on Ebay, buyer dismantles and removes, it sold for around £180.00 so not a fortune, but the buyer came up from Portland to get it, the ironic thing about that was, my mother in law lives on Portland and we were going down there the following week. :):)

Alan bell likes this.
  18. Alan bell

Alan bell New Member

Just put it on the Bay. Let's see what occurs .
    Still free to you lot

19. Mr. Handyandy

Oh yeah. That should do it.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

20. Alan bell

Alan bell New Member

Well conservatory sold and being dismantled / picked up on Sunday , only got £50 for it but no skip to hire. I want to keep the dwarf wall and base for an outside eating area I know I will have to remove the ceramic tiles and I am going to fit drainage channels in front of patio doors to the house and the same along the facing wall. Not sure what to put on the concrete base as yet may be outdoor tiles or AstroTurf, my question is do I need to treat the concrete floor to protect it from frost ?? Plus do you see any other problems with my ideas.