Any one watching

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Phil the Paver, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Parking Mad on BBC1, them bailiffs and police stopping cars in the middle of the road on a yellow line and the pavement, to collect outstanding parking fines.

So it's ok to break the law to collect money then is it, one law for them and other for us again, this country drives me mad sometimes. :mad::mad:

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I think you'll find , police officers have the power to stop cars wherever they want. Don't think bailiffs can though, so probably why they get the police to stop the vehicles.. (I'm not watching the program though, missus has command and control of the tv remote, (until I decide otherwise :confused::confused:)) ;););)

3. Phil the Paver

I'm sure they can, to make it worse they were stopping cars in a bustop of all places, if these people had outstanding parking fines, the bailiff should go around their house, not cause chaos on public roads just to get money, if the people stopped didn't pay on the spot, they took their cars, *** this is an outstanding parking ticket not murder, some had to pay over £500.00. :mad:

4. PJ Wales

PJ Wales Member

The police r stopping the cars for the bailiffs officers, for them to collect the fines outstanding.

5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

they did't get that cockney van driver, just shows to not pay and call their bluff,

6. joinerjohn1

Phil, do a google search and see just how much money is outstanding in unpaid parking fines (specially in London, by the various embassy's (who then claim diplomatic immunity)) £500 is a small price to pay for a £20,000 + motor at the end of the day.. Only parking ticket I got a few years ago, I paid within 14 days and it cost me £30.. Why would I try to avoid it then pay double that as the fine, then court and bailiff costs on top ?? These people are pure idiots and it serves them bloody right.

7. Phil the Paver

Mainly because most parking tickets issued are issued illegally, some of the people were arguing them, but were told they have to pay there and then and then try and claim it back, I have had at least 20 parking tickets, I have only paid 1 of them, the rest were deemed illegal.

As for diplomats, they don't care because they are immune from prosecution so will park anywhere.

I used to live in a town where there was a lapse in traffic wardens due to the council cocking up the switch between them running it and a private company doing it, local trade increased over 40%, there was not one case of anybody having to have a car removed because of inconsiderate parking, then the private company took over and the town became a ghost town, good old traffic warden/council, how to ruin a town to line their own pockets.

Biffo likes this.
  8. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

inconsiderate parking annoys me,"I'll only be 2 minutes" is often heard when a lazy driver parks on yellow lines or blocks someone in, there often parking spaces but it involves having to walk a couple of hundred yards, if its a woman I'll say " no wonder you have a fat backside", that really gets um wound up, :D:D:D

Cheburashka likes this.
  9. joinerjohn1

Round our way, parking enforcement was taken from the police and is now under council control. On some streets people just seem to park wherever they want (specially after 6 o clock when the council wallah's have knocked off) I reckon the police should have retained the authority to issue parking tickets, then they could stop and ticket the people abusing the double yellows in the evening. ;);)