Anyone got any puttying tips?

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Goldenduck, Aug 17, 2007.

1. jcts

jcts Active Member

roll the putty in powder filler to stop it being so sticky and to dry it a bit

2. feva

feva New Member

cheers jcts, it was really ***** me off, its one of them large tubs so i didint want to waste the top half, i tried to dry it out like some suggested on here by rolling it in news paper but it just stuck to all the paper

[Edited by: admin5]

3. jonc

jonc New Member

Just followed this threads advice to putty a window and it worked a treat - cheers.

How about painting the putty? Is it primer, undercoat and top coat?

My putty instructions say to paint within 28 days AND to leave to dry for 28 days before painting!

4. Welsh Decorator 42

Welsh Decorator 42 New Member

Give it the time, or risk it crazeing the paint on drying.

5. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

Leave two to three weeks to harden. If you paint too soon you will drag the surface skin that forms on the putty which will leave a wrinkled finish. Prime, U/Coat and two top coats. ;)

6. jcts

jcts Active Member

give it 2 coats of knotting solution, it will dry much much quicker. usually you can get a coat on the same day

7. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

What a clown you are jcts - he will want to do the job properly.

8. jcts

jcts Active Member

clearly you don't know much then

9. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

as I say, what a clown you are. In fact if the worlds a circus, how come all you clowns end up on this forum? !! lols :)