Anyone recognise this dual flush cistern valve?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by eddleetham, Nov 30, 2012.

1. eddleetham

eddleetham New Member

Please tell me if you recognise this flush valve and can tell me what the two screw adjustments do.  I guess one adjusts the fill level, but what about the other?  The short flush works OK; the long flush does if you hold the button down for a second or so (otherwise it does a short flush) but once it's flushed the water keeps running into the bowl until the button is pushed again.  This releases the mechanism so that it returns to the normal position.  This only happens when pressing the long flush button - it's fine on a short flush.  So any advice would be most welcome!

Attached Files:

2. petertheplumber

petertheplumber New Member

white screw does water level, blue screw is flush adjustment I think but can't remember what it adjust on the flush.

3. hibeealex

hibeealex Member

If it's continuing to fill, the seal on the syphon isnt dropping fully, probably quickest just to change it they only cost £6 on e Bay and take 10 mins

4. petertheplumber

look like close coupled, maybe 10mins is a bit quick.

5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

peter, if you get the same make/model, you can attack these from the top, twist and pull, 10 mins incuding unwrapping, tiding up, getting paid and disappearing over the horizon.;)

6. G Brown

G Brown New Member

7. petertheplumber

sorry yes if you get same make, quite right. I never seem to be able to do that.

8. petertheplumber

Looks the same yeah?

9. eddleetham

eddleetham New Member

No, it's not a Multikwik Multiflush.

There's a vertical tube, slightly oval in cross-section, about 1 inch diameter.  If I press the quick flush button, this lifts up, then drops down again as soon as the flush stops.  If I press the long flush button, it lifts up, starts to drop but only drops a short way, so water entering the cistern goes straight into the pan.  If I press the long flush button down again, there is little resistance, but it then pops up and the tube drops and the flow into the pan stops.  It's only a year or so old and has been doing this from new.

10. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Just fit  a Fluidmaster.

11. Its Labs
    Try he Macdee Arcadia valve  -  if that doesnt work Google Labs Toilet spares and a online supplier will appear 2nd on the list

12. dynomite

dynomite Member

this is a macdee flush valve as toilet repairs stated, we get em from william wilsons or grahams.

13. eddleetham

eddleetham New Member

No, it's not a Macdee valve.

I would still like to find out what the blue screw adjustor does.

14. The screw rod adjusts the half flush
    Inside the valve is a float mechanism that sets the volume for the half flush

The valve is made from a Company called Labs -  Go to Kingsway Plumbing online - they have spares there

15. eddleetham

eddleetham New Member

You're right, the flush valve is a LAB B206/B220 and the fill valve a LAB A207.  I'll try emailing them and see what they say.  There's no point in buying a new one until I'm sure it's actually faulty.

Many thanks!

16. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Don't bother. Just fit the far superior Fluidmaster.

17. dynomite

dynomite Member

arcadia flush valve will fit this cradle, i put my house on it,i dont own a house but if i did..........good luck. 

18. sffan

sffan New Member

I have this exact same unit, has been overflowing into pan.

Mine fills up but the water does not stop so it goes down the overflow into the pan.

The Blue Screw within the white Flush valve assembly changes the amount of water in the short flush.

The white overflow on the left in the picture is adjustable but all it changes is how high the water fills.

It seems to me that the white screw within the Blue fill valve assembly should be allowing me to adjust at what point the water coming in cuts off or perhaps the speed of the water input, but it does not seem to work. even if I lift it manually the water still fills.

So looking at the picture should I replace the White Flush valve assembly (LAB B206/B220) in the middle of pic or the Blue fill valve (LAB A207) on right of pic?

The White part is easy, does not even require water off, it is just a bayonet and a simple twist it can be removed. I checked under and there does not seem to be any dirt or mess.

The blue part seems more complicated, anyone got any instructions, if I turn off supply and flushing toilet how easy is it to swap out?

Does the blue cap on top come off easily, is there anything in there that would be servicable?