Anyone Recognizes this Router/trimmer?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by wau5, Dec 23, 2016.

1. wau5

wau5 Active Member

I was looking to buy one of those cheap makita replicas ( the Katsu ones which are supposedely very good and are 1:1 copy of the makita ). However the model everyone is suggesting http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/101748-Ka...r-Router-Joiners-Tool-220V-710W-/282048116977 is out of stock at the moment and I found another similar router made by same Katsu and it's even cheaper, can get it for just £25 from amazon which just seems like a crazy price for this type of router.

this is the model:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/101109-Ka...056802?hash=item211a5a75e2:g:jLYAAOSwHMJYJdy0

I suspect they have just done another knock-off and was maybe wondering if anyone recognizes what it could possibly be? £25 is still a money so don't want to waste it if it's junk, but I need a router very very rarely so I'm ok with a cheap one.
    [​IMG]

2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I bought the first one this year, cost me £31 inc Delivery, think they have bumped up the prices :rolleyes:

there was a thread on this.

3. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Not sure on the newer model, looks more plasticy. Any there are no reviews on amazon. But do like how you can see the cutter, on the other model the view is restricted because of the housing.

The one I have is virtually if not identical to the Makita.

5. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

I bought one too after Jitenders review. Can't fault it for the money :)

6. wau5

wau5 Active Member

yes it's cheap but it's not a small nice router, Was only after a small trimmer router as I already have large Erbauer router from screwfix which is only good for mounting in router table as it's too massive for anything else :)

I had ordered that proper katsu router everyone is suggesting from ebay few weeks ago, but it turned out to be a scam and it never arrived, when I finally got my money back it was out of stock from the good seller and on amazon it costs much more.

So this cheaper katsu probably isn't a copy of anything than? Wondering if I should wait till the original good katsu comes in stock or order that cheap one which I can't find any reviews about.

7. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Its quite surprising how many makes of router there are available, there is one which looks identical to the Katsu under 'HUG Flight'.

Normally I don't buy cheap branded tools, but this was an exception. Do have a dealt 1/4 router but to big for small work.

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I bought a hug flight one, so far it hasn't broken down but the bearings sound whiny but it may last forever.

10. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Did you end up buying one?

11. wau5

wau5 Active Member

12. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Just checked the website and they have 230V and 110v version.

The price for 230v is £28.79 so slightly cheaper than the 110v one.

13. wau5

wau5 Active Member

I'm fairly sure they have just got a new shipment from china with them so have loads of them to shift.
    I asked them when they will be in stock and they said they have a shipment coming sometimes soon :D

14. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

With the offering of the 110v one I expect they sell lots of them. It's a good way to get some more sold.

Sometimes cheap doesn't mean rubbish, I know for one the Evolution mitre saw, disc cutter and titan's breaker are all very good for the money. The mitre saw is about four years old and it's still going strong.

15. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I tend to cut a lot of trenches it makes short work of it. Just make cute either side with handsaw ten finish off with chisel.

16. BuilderCol

BuilderCol New Member

I have one of those Titan breakers. It's superb. (Really heavy though!!)

I think they churn these things out and just pop whatever make they fancy on them. lots of these cheapo power tools are identical, just different colours etc. The JCB kit in B&Q is the same as some of the screw fix tools, just a different colour.

Joe95 likes this.
  17. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

It is chunky, but for the price you can't go wrong. I don't do much big demolition, so its perfect for breaking up screed floors/paving etc.

18. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

It has good reviews, a bargain at the price.:)

My days of heavy demolition are over, let the youngsters do it now.:D

Joe95 likes this.
  19. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

I remember the days of hiring the compressor and breaker...
    Now I just unreel an extension:).

How time moves, eh?

20. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

And then afterwards, you just 'wash and go'... :)

Joe95 likes this.