Anyone watching

Discussion in 'Screwfix Trade Counters' started by Phil the Paver, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

It was alright in the 70s.

The film about the railways was made in my village, i was in it along with other kids from my school. fame at last. :):)

2. That's on now, isn't it? Chust caught a few minutes of it - for a poorly-made safety film, it had everyone in oor hoosie wincing as the train approached and the kid got his boots caught on the rail... :(

And the mum was told by the policelady that there was no point her coming to the hospital 'cos "she'd just get in the way...!" Before offering to make a cuppa.

A different world (and it wasn't a better one, whatever rose-tinted specs are worn).

Did you see a previous episode about the attitude to risqué stuff like schoolgirls? 'Doctor at large' (or was it 'in the House'?) As the young handsome new doctor walked into the school, all the schoolgirls pressed their bodies against the fence - and against him whenever he walked down the corridor.

And the Likely Lads doing a sketch (with both of them in bed a la Morecambe & Wise) again talking about schoolgirls, and gymslips and stuff. Absolutely jaw-dropping.

It's amazing how much the world has changed, included us. I would have found that stuff 'titillating' as a kid back then, and I now can barely watch it for cringing. It just looks sleazy, horrible, creepy.

Johnvee likes this.
  3. What village was that? And can you see yersel' in it?!

4. Phil the Paver

It was filmed on the line at Watton-at-Stone, the line at the time was not in use, the bridge the kid is sitting on was a favorite place to play, it had a ledge we used to climb down onto, not sure I would do it today.

If you watch the whole film, the full 20 odd minutes one, I do crop up in it a couple of times as an extra, not one of the stars of the show.:(

5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Ahh DA, we're now in the age of political correctness though. We've been brainwashed I tells ya, brainwashed. Nowt wrong with buxom schoolgirls pressing themselves up against yer hard manly body, whilst yer thinking of gymslips n blue gym knickers,,,,,,,, is there?? :p:p:p:p:p:p

6. Phil the Paver

I did think it was funny on the program, that the sketch where she came out with black hand print on her chest, the only person who thought that was funny today was black.

7. I guess the real problem is none of them pressed themselves against my chest, regardless of how manly it is. Or isn't...