Aqualisa Shower

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Shepherd3126, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Shepherd3126

Shepherd3126 New Member

Hi, I have a Aqualisa Digital Standard shower. It suddenly went wrong. Coughed and spluttered when turned on with a bit of water coming out and some gurggling noises, then stopped all together. The blue light on the shower control went out and the whole thing was dead.
    I have taken the thing apart and put it back together. Now the blue light on the control is back on but nothing happens. There is power going into the processor unit as tested with a testing screwdriver but no power to the live pump on the pcb. Is it likely that my problem is the processor or the blue light control unit in the actual shower? Any help would be greatly appreciated. The unit is 8 years old.
    Thanks

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Sounds fiddly. No power to the pump, so possibly pointing towards electronic side of things, although could be a problem with front end controls. Depending on your personal level of testing, visual inspection of circuitry...loose or burnt components. Possible dry joint on soldering. Presume there will be some relays controlling switching of power to pump...these can often be problematic. Might be worth powering the pump directly to see if that works...depending on operating voltage. If that has gone, may not be going further with fault finding.

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Could be lack of input water pressure.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

CGN likes this.