aquapanel

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by simon bonnie, Sep 6, 2016.

1. simon bonnie

simon bonnie New Member

Hello,
    New to this forum but here goes, doing my bathroom and took all tiles off batterned the wall and put aquapanel up.
    We were going to keep the bath and tile the walls but after visiting store decided to take the bath out and have a shower enclosure. We are now havind splash panel on the shower walls and tile on the rest.
    Because i am sticking the boards to the aquapanel do i have to prime them first so the silicone will stick and if so what primer.
    Thanks.

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Manufacturers often have a recommended adhesive. If not, use Stixall or similar. Use blobs evenly spaced on the panel and have some 2x2 or similar set up to brace them to an opposite wall while they 'go off'.

3. simon bonnie

simon bonnie New Member

Thanks i have the silicone for the boards but would i have to prime the aquapanel what are on the wall now before i stick the splash panels. Thanks.

4. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

By splash panel do you mean the white plastic ones or boards like Respatex ?

5. simon bonnie

simon bonnie New Member

The splash panels are the wall boards that will be in the shower enclosure. I put aquapanel on the walls for tiles but are now going with above. Just need to know if i have to prime aquapanel before sticking the slash panels over them.
    Thanks.

6. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

The method of fixing depends on what your "splash panel" is. If it is something like Respatex although it can be bonded, it is best to use screws in the tongue and groove joint. You have to be careful with silicon as the joints are so well engineered that if you put more than a smear in them they don't close properly.

The plastic shower liners again have different fixings, some screwed some bonded.