Architrave profile question.

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Marco brighouse, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Marco brighouse

Marco brighouse New Member

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and looking forward to getting and hopefully giving advice.
    I would like to know what profile this architrave is please: And also where I can get it from in mdf pre finished. It's approximately 69mm wide.Thanks in advance. image.jpeg

2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

It looks like an ogee version. Ogee is quite a common pattern. Hoever, even when going down a timber merchant there may be slight differences in the profile due to them coming from different suppliers or different cutters.

upload_2016-2-13_13-9-15.png

3. Marco brighouse

Thank you for your help. There seems to be so many variations it will be difficult to get an exact match I guess. Thanks again.

4. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Are you replacing the entire architrave ?

5. Marco brighouse

I'm replacing the architrave around one door so I will have to remove it and fly down to the timber yard with a sample. I doubt I will get an exact match but something close will do I suppose.

6. Tiny01

Tiny01 Member

I just received some pre finished MDF skirting board they had loads of profiles to choose from , skirtings 4 u was the on line company iirc

7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Worth a look at an Architectural Salvage yard.

8. Marco brighouse

Thanks everyone for all your help. Very much appreciated.