Are Festool addictive?

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by sospan, May 10, 2016.

1. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

After a close shave with a cheap router malfunctioned, I decided to go an check out a Festool router to see what all the fuss was about.

I went into that carpet shop that mainly sells tools and went over to the Festool section. Whilst I was there i became aware that Fesool had released a voucher scheme spend £500 and get £50 off but if you can get £220 off if you spend £1,500 but only on tools not accessories. What surprised me was their were 2 guys desperatly trying to work out how to get to £1,500 of tools to get the maximum discount. One of them mentioned he had already spent over £3,000 on Festool since the new year. And this was no kid - he was as gnarly as an orc from Lord of the Rings

Speaking to the counter staff they said it was quite common to see customers coming in month after month and make another Festool purchase.

I know some are loyal to particular brands but the one guy above was spending £1,000 a month on Festool thats some addiction

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Damm, I am worried now as I walked out with a 1400 router and rail set and having a craving for an dust extractor

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Dust extractor is essential and the re-useable bags ;);)

KIAB likes this.
  5. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Another festool or a decent car for the wife......
    Another festool or a decent car for the wife?
    Arrr, sod it, she's got RAC breakdown cover. :D

6. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Festool or a motorbike

Festool or a motorbike

Black and Decker here I come. :p:p:p:p

longboat likes this.
  7. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Long admired their portable dust extraction systems but until recently never had the need as most dusty stuff was done in the workshop but now looking like I will need it more.

The thing that sold it for me on the router was of all things the ratchet mechanism for the spindle lock very simple but so much easier

8. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I have never had,or couldn't afford/justify one,but everyone says the're the dog's bits. ;)

9. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

10. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

I remembered about Rupes because we have the SSPF which me and the bro purchased back in 1983 when we were doing car body work. It cost £145 back then.

11. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

And its the same sander back then as today. Because the design was so refined it never needed improving. Not sure if festool had anything like it.

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You're talking to yourself Wry o_Oo_O

13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

14. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Thanks, registered in store.

In my mind I have already spent over £1,800 on a vacuum, sander, rail saw and routing jig - wonder if they would accept a kidney in part ex ;)

15. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

And just got my registration through - didn't realise that if your tools get stolen they will replace the item for a £100 given the recent posts about tool thefts thats good to know