Are you Britain's Top Tradesperson 2015

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by screwfix.peter, Sep 15, 2015.

1. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Hi

Tradesmen and women from across the UK, put down your spanner, turn off your drill, as this year’s Britain’s Top Tradesperson (BTT) competition from Screwfix has launched.

Screwfix, which has more than 400 stores across the UK, is launching its annual competition to find and recognise the best builders, extraordinary electricians, helpful handymen, perfect plumbers and many more tradesmen and women that keep the UK’s homes and businesses in top condition.

Not only will this year’s worthy winner carry the title of Britain’s Top Tradesperson that will transform their business - but they will also win the keys to a brand new Toyota PROACE or Hilux with all the gadgets they need worth £30,000 (OTR).

Last year, Raymond McKnight, a plumber from Newtownabbey in Northern Ireland, walked away with the crown after fighting off worthy competition from thousands of entrants. He wowed a judging panel with his passion and dedication to his trade. His enthusiasm, drive and commitment to plumbing also stood out amongst the finalists. He says it has had an amazing impact on his business, bringing him new customers and filling his diary for months ahead.

Raymond adds: “It has been an unbelievable year. Holding the title of Britain’s Top Tradesperson has been a great endorsement for me. When customers see that someone in the local area has been named as top in the UK, they know they can rely on you to do a top job. The last year has been great, I would really encourage other tradesmen and women to enter and give it a go, there’s nothing to lose and a lot to gain.”

The Britain’s Top Tradesperson Award is given to those who can prove they excel in their trade. Maybe you’ve just started your own company, or perhaps you have taken a course to upgrade your skill-set, are you engaged on social media and really engage your customers? You may have completed a complex job for someone, or you run your business with customers in mind, by offering free quotes or on a no-fix no-fee basis. No matter the reason, you have until 4th October 2015, to put your case forward and enter the competition.

To enter you can go into any Screwfix store or go to screwfix.com/btt where you can also find further details of the competition.

Peter

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Probably noto_O

3. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I am my villages top tradesman. I am also the only tradesman since Dave the Gas got 5 years for forging his Gassafe paperwork.To be fair he was the best til he got sent down.

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I am the best and only scenic carpenter in my village ;)
    I thought that this competition would be right up your street Goldenballs :p
    It reminds me of when John Lennon was asked if he thought that Ringo Starr was the best drummer in the world and he replied that he wasn't even the best drummer in The Beatles.

CGN likes this.
  5. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Ringo was the only one with a driving licence I heard.

I was actually a judge on a similar contest a couple of years back! How I don't know. I think I was the only person free.

My mate got quite far in the Screwfix comp a couple of years back. Not sure a great deal of it is about actual work.

6. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

I nominate flateric to enter, he's a top sparky and runs a great forum. maxresdefault.jpg