B&Q kitchen discount

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by BiancoTheGiraffe, Mar 5, 2017.

1. BiancoTheGiraffe

BiancoTheGiraffe Screwfix Select

I don't often do kitchens but have been asked to fit one for my other halfs mum.

I've totted up the price as per the Tradepoint kitchens catalogue, it's come to about £5k all in, so not that much better than retail price.

Given that every kitchen retailer always has a sale on, anyone know how much discount I can expect on that £5k?

Also going to be looking at Wickes (which seem to offer 50% off for 11 months of the year) and Wren...

Anyone got any tips? Cheers chaps!

2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Did you get any TradePoint vouchers ? At the moment they are doing spent £50 get £10 off

or if you didn't get them - spend £50 at the till and get £5 back

so that's between 10% and 20% off but you will have to split your order.

Wickes have a Trade Card now - 10% off everything

Screwfix also do units, if you have a TopCashback / Quidco account you can get upto 3.5% back

BiancoTheGiraffe likes this.
  3. Doall

Doall Active Member

Anyone used DIYKitchens.com ??

4. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I bought some units TBH not impressed. Had to rework them several times over the years, didn't stand up to a busy family. Made my own instead last year

5. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

I used them, after finding a number of recommendations here, a couple of years ago...

Very pleased with the quality, strong units, good feet, and strong, (8mm not 4mm), backs. Nice hinges etc.

Only negative is that the website can be a bit of a pain to navigate, (or it was 2 years ago). You have to order online. They have a showroom, at Pontefract, but even if you go there the helpers are just that, helpers... they'll show you stuff, and are knowledgeable, but you can't order from them... you have to do it online. I think there were pc's there so you could do it in the shop, (but I'm not sure of that).

Telephone customer service was good.

Good luck,

Regards,

Cando

Doall likes this.