[b]Toilet change[/b]

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by King Drip, Oct 21, 2008.

1. King Drip

King Drip New Member

Hi there

I have a standard toilet with flush pipe that I want to change a to close coupled one, the problem is where my 4" stack comes up is about 8" off the back wall. Is there a specail pan connector I can use to allow me to take the pan back and fit a close couple

Any advice would be greatful

thank you<u></u>

2. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

No, you can get a swan neck pan connector, but that will not allow for 8 inches as the pan will hit the drain,
    2 choices, build a box behind the toilet, or move the drain, :(

3. King Drip

King Drip New Member

what do you mean a box behind? For the new cistern?

4. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

build a false wall where the drain is to the hieght of your toilet, it wont look too bad and you can use it to store bog rolls on.

5. tightenit

tightenit New Member

As Tomplum said, install your toilet and cistern, and measure the gap between the back of the cistern and the existing wall. You can build your box behind the cistern against the wall.This gives you a little shelf : )

6. rome60

rome60 New Member

If the floor is timber with void underneath not a big job to alter the drain.

7. G Brown

G Brown New Member

You can also get cc toilets designed to sit right over the soil pipe concealing it completely, visit a decent plumbers merchant.

8. rome60

rome60 New Member

Yes Ideal standard,& Armitage Shanks do the hidden outlet WC C/coupled pans centres of drain from wall 200mm To 250mm.;)

9. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

visit a decent plumbers merchant...Of course ;)

10. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

11. trickle

trickle New Member

visit a decent plumbers merchant...Of course ;)

you forgot to say 'INDEPENDANT' between 'decent' and 'plumbers'

12. King Drip

King Drip New Member

13. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

Duravit sell them. Go to a decent Bathroom showroom

14. tackleburger

tackleburger New Member

Nice one bathstyle never knew about these how much are they?

15. mully123

mully123 New Member

Forgive me Bathstyle if appear thick?,are you intimating that i can fit a close couple on an existing low level drainage without boxing out.thank you

16. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

A Duravit Pan, Cistern and soft close seat is about £400. Depends on the style though. One of the heaviest China you will lift and a decent Geberit flush valve

Yes Mully

17. mully123

mully123 New Member

Is that photo a complete convoluted pan connector,the only reason i question this is because i too have told customers that you normally have to box out,to get close couple back to wall.

18. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

The problem with soil pipes being too far forward has been around for many years, Duravit have seen this problem and done something about it, it's not a new idea by any means, they have been around for a good few years, it's just that not many people know about it.

19. mully123

mully123 New Member

Thank you,christ I thort I was good.;)

20. mully123

mully123 New Member

Plumb/lec will on soon,hes looking for a mistake or three,sittin at his compute tossing the nite away ;),WATCH ssh