BA15 12V 2-contact bulb.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Grrrr.

Another wee job that should be straight forward. But isn't.

Been tidying up the Sea Cadet's Dory and noticed that the Nav light (chust a white one) was broken - cover fallen off and bulb broken.

Had a look and it was clearly a standard BA15 type size - y'know, yer normal 'car' indicator/stoplight sized malarkey.

So, got a couple of LED ones and went to fit them.

Oookkkaaaayyyy, car bulbs tend to come in two types - single and twin filament. The single has a single terminal and uses the bulb's metal body as the other contact, and the twin has - gasp - two terminals and ditto body.

The single has two securing pins, both at the same level and near the base. The twin also has two securing pins, but at different heights so's it only goes in one way round.

My LED bulb is like the 'single' one.

The bludy bulb holder is like a bar steward mix of the two...

It has TWO bottom terminals but no 'side' connection (it's a plastic holder) - it is designed for a single filament. It has locations for two securing pins which are in the same place - so suits the single filament bulb. But is doesn't have 'single-filament' terminals.

What the...

Is there a BA15-sized bulb which has a SINGLE filament but TWO terminals on its bottom?

(If you've read this post you are more bored than me...)

2. Comlec

Comlec Screwfix Select

Yes

3. Cooool :).

Do they have a name? Or do I search for, what?, two-terminal 12V bulb?

4. Comlec

Comlec Screwfix Select

But I am b@@gered if I can remember were I saw them. I have more wine and try to think.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  5. 1142

And most are in the US... :rolleyes:

6. Comlec

Comlec Screwfix Select

7. Comlec

Comlec Screwfix Select

BA15D - that's the one. I used 24v in my old bus years ago.

Hope you can find one now.

8. Ah! The 'D'.

Cool - thank you. :)