Bath trap options (photo attached)

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by uncle sam, May 22, 2017.

1. uncle sam

uncle sam Member

IMG_7237.JPG Ive installed a new bath, the waste pipe end of the bath is against the outside wall so the waste pipe goes straight outside.

Due to the bath plug and overflow set i got, I cant fit a shallow trap as the overflowpipe gets in the way, so the pic show what i have set up.

It works fine now but am wondering if it will last as last and if its worh keeping like that, or is there alternative option?

Thanks

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

it will work OK, but the flexible hose is leaking at that compression joint

3. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Can you rotate the overflow part so it is facing toward you i.e 90 degrees or just out the way for bath trap. May block easily as trap is is turned creating more resistance.

Then fit a standard bath trap and 2x135bends to create offset.

5. uncle sam

uncle sam Member

Wow good spot, u must of been amazing at wheres wally when u was a kid. That photo was taken sunday night and i hadnt noticed that, i will give that a nip up or a bit of ptfe if needed. Thanks

6. uncle sam

uncle sam Member

I really like that idea and wished I had thought of that at the time of install, I've siliconed it all in though so prob wont be able to turn it now? I dunno.

7. uncle sam

uncle sam Member