Bathroom Downlighters

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by PeterOR, Apr 24, 2015.

1. PeterOR

PeterOR New Member

I want to replace the single ceiling light in my bathroom with eight individual downlighters, plus an extractor fan, all switched from the existing switch.
    The downlighters are mains voltage LED's, IP65 rated, and I want the fan to come on with the lights and stay on for a few minutes after the lights go off.
    Are there any wiring diagrams available to show how the existing wiring to the ceiling light should be reconfigured for the new arrangement?
    Thanks

2. stu1312

stu1312 Member

Work to this extent in a bathroom is notifiable under part P of the building regulations so should not be done by a DIYer, I'm afraid you'll need to contact a suitably qualified electrician.

3. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

"Work to this extent in a bathroom is notifiable under part P of the building regulations". Is that strictly true? surely if over 2.25m from the floor, i.e. in the ceiling it is non-notifiable?

However, I do tend to agree that if you need to ask for a circuit diagram to wire some lights from an existing circuit, maybe you shouldn't be DIYing it...............

4. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Don't forget the fan triple pole isolator as well.

5. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

If I want a wiring diagram, either mains voltage for house, or much more complicated low voltage for model railway,
    I start with an A3 drawing pad and draw each component with their terminals and connect each one up logically in coloured pencil until it all makes sense but then I do know the basics.

6. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Rulland likes this.