Bathroom Refit 2013/2014

Discussion in 'Project Photos' started by Jitender, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Before 2012

upload_2014-9-22_22-27-38.png

upload_2014-9-22_22-42-42.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

WC was moved to the left to provide more space. This was done when the soil stack was replaced. See Soil Stack Replacement project

upload_2014-9-22_22-33-4.png

upload_2014-9-22_22-33-54.png

upload_2014-9-22_22-34-35.png

upload_2014-9-22_22-35-15.png

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  4. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

Very nice job JG.;)

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

At least the bottle of bleach moved 3" in 2 years +. :):p:p

Jitender likes this.
  6. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

Looks good, You might regret changing the radiator for a towel rail.

7. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

nice work Jit :)

8. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Thanks

I've still got my own bathroom to complete. Just taking a break after all the recent busy work.

Will upload pics when finished!

FatHands likes this.
  9. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Look forward to them mate.

10. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

This is a picture of the previous plumbing connections.

20131216_135042.jpg

The occupants broke the cistern, they were students and slammed the toilet seat open, notice the hairline crack - that's why there is a rubber stop on the new cistern!

The sink waste connected into a 3-way solvent weld boss.

When I did the latest refit the water supply in chrome was adjusted under floorboards to bring it straight up into the cistern, rather than bringing it across.

11. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Finally got round to taking pictures today old the completed bathroom.

12. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Revisiting this thread again:D

Have now fitted a thermostatic shower.

Will be uploading pictures tommorw hopefully.

13. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

This one seems ok. I fitted another one somewhere else using flomasta make it has already started rusting:eek:

This one is kudox brand and has no signs of rust yet.

14. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Only able to do this as had removed all the lath and plaster from the outside wall.

Hot and cold supply taking from the tap supplies using a T joint.
    upload_2017-8-27_20-18-59.png

19mm holes drilled in plasterboard to allow pipe to pass through, these were temporarily capped off using pushfit stop ends.
    upload_2017-8-27_20-19-16.png

I decided to use full bore isolation valves for both hot and cold. Was going to have the isolation valves under the bath, but limited room, so decided to have some kind of access cover made should I ever need to isolate the shower.
    upload_2017-8-27_20-19-33.png

Battens were fixed between the studs and pipes were clipped into place.
    upload_2017-8-27_20-19-45.png

Shower installed. Tiles are porcelain, I purchased the Titan diamond hole saw set last week which was on offer from SF. Needed a 8mm pilot holes and a drill bit was needed for this. Shower not centralized over the bath but seems OK, good if you are right handed.
    upload_2017-8-27_20-19-58.png

Electric shower was removed. A full tile had to be carefully removed. I used a multi tool with a grout blade (diamond ) to removed the grout in the joints. Luckily I had ordered a few spare tiles when the bathroom was done:)
    upload_2017-8-27_20-20-12.png

Insulation added between the studs. As a precaution I installed 2x nail safe plates over the pipework. Pipes which run between the noggin were wrapped with felt.
    upload_2017-8-27_20-20-25.png

Went to B&q today, originally i was going to fit a dryline box then use a 2gang blank plate to provide the access cover. Saw some access panel in the store today but seemed too large so I had an idea.....
    upload_2017-8-27_20-20-53.png

Forgot to mark the isolation valves before the plasterboard was fixed:oops: hence the filled in hole:D not too far off.
    upload_2017-8-27_20-20-40.png

The threaded part of the stopper was set into the plasterboard very snugly I used some stixall to hold it in more securely. Once a plaster skim is applied to the plasterboard it should hide the flange part.
    upload_2017-8-27_20-21-6.png

the stopper just screws on which provides an access point, may make a small cross head in the center so I can put in a screwdriver to undo?
    upload_2017-8-27_20-21-15.png

10mm electrical cable supplying the shower is now redundant, the load cable side has been removed and the supply has now been terminated into a rated choc-block. A 2 gang blank will cover this once wall has been plastered.
    upload_2017-8-27_20-21-35.png

Been a big job and having a plaster come tomorrow to finally plaster the ceiling. Job well done :) what do you think?

Shower is much more powerful and flow than electrical shower and it comes with 5 year warranty with registration.

15. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

The stoppers were a bit fiddly to undo, especially if they ever get painted on.

I heated up a flathead screwdriver using torch and pressed the blade into the stopper, I now have a small keyway slot so a screwdriver can easily undo the cap.

upload_2017-9-3_18-54-46.png

Jord86 and chippie244 like this.
  16. My gawd - the detail!

Fantastic work, Jit :D

17. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Very neat!

18. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

"Luckily"... good planning, surely!

Regards,
    Cando

Jitender likes this.
  19. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Yep your right! :DI always order an extra few tiles just in case.

Some tiles can be hard to get hold of.