Battery pop riveter drill or attachment ..

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Tiny01, Jan 21, 2016.

1. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Don't skimp on the cfm output, & then you can get into air nailers/ coil nailers,etc.:)

Tiny01 likes this.
  2. martinwinlow

martinwinlow New Member

For the sake of completeness, I have used one of the cheap ones off eBay a fair bit before it died ...

[​IMG]

... with some success, at least with smaller rivets. Up to 4mm would be fine for at least a few hundred but 5mm (or even 4.8) is too much and it died quite quickly on me. I have to say it was **way** faster than using the plier-type rivet gun. You just pop in a rivet, stick the rivet in the hole, hold the drill with one hand and the collar of the attachment with the other and with the drill on high speed and in 'forward' gear, squeeze the trigger and the rivet is done in a second or 2. Almost effortless. Switch the drill to reverse and give it a quick whiz holding the riveter downwards and the remains of the rivet drops out ready for the next one.

I am currently looking for a better quality one for larger rivets but they seem pretty thin on the ground...

3. martinwinlow

martinwinlow New Member

(20 mins later...) This looks the ticket...

[​IMG]

.amazon.co.uk/Astro-Pneumatic-Tool-ADR14-Adapter/dp/B01JBNKT4I/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Astro+Pneumatic+Tool+ADR14+XL+Blind+Rivet+Adapter&qid=1596729903&quartzVehicle=138-224&replacementKeywords=pneumatic+tool+adr14+xl+blind+rivet+adapter&sr=8-3

Attached Files: