Baxi Bermuda + hot water cylinder Economical?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Miss Julie, Dec 15, 2014.

1. But it'll cost her £2k+ for that wee upgrade.

Which will take her a decade to recoup.

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

good ole Walt we give him a yard of rope and he hangs himself with it and comes back after a good googling and a little more knowledge, ya gotta love the Walts comedy show,
    last vist it was all heatbanks,now its intergas ,I hope they don't give him windmill brochures in the padded cell when he goes 'home' or we'll be having the , Walt Greenway systems, how fun will that be? :rolleyes:

3. I'm signing up... :)

4. Miss Julie

Miss Julie New Member

Hello! I'm still here!

5. Miss Julie

Miss Julie New Member

Thank you Devs for a detailed explanation, really useful information!
    Julie x

6. I got an 'x'... :):oops::)

7. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

yea I noticed :(

8. Walt Systems

Walt Systems Member

Not really.
    1. She should knock off at least 33% off her gas bill. That could be well over £250 per year saved. And more as energy cost rise in coming years.
    2. She has greater comfort conditions because of the weather compensation.
    3. She has high pressure showers.
    4. She has instant showers.
    5. She has showers that never run out of hot water.
    6. She has no boiler noise in the living room.
    7. She has no cold drafty vent into the living room.
    8. She has eliminated the possibility of dying by carbon monoxide poisoning.
    9. She has increased the reliability of the system.
    A win, win all around.

9. Walt Systems

Walt Systems Member

This is what you get from plumbers, not heating men course, who fit CH system in lead pipe. Sad isn't it. Very sad.

10. Miss Julie

Miss Julie New Member

I was just going to say, there is an air vent in the lounge where the fire and boiler is situated. I do have a battery powered Co2 alarm fitted as well.

The shower I have is an electric one. The maisonette is one bedroom, kitchen and lounge with separate bathroom and I live by myself.

Julie

11. Walt Systems

Walt Systems Member

The air vent is for air the Bermuda. Drafty. An Intergas combi can give you nice power showers that are cheaper to run being from gas. Electric showers were made by Satan himself.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  12. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

ventilation is good, without air we all die, if you wrap a house in insulation without ventilation you are creating a breeding ground for everything that causes bad health, mould,fungus,creepy crawlers and vermin plus all sorts of mites and spores in the bad air you're breathing. fresh air is good Walt and you know it,

13. Julie, when you do come to either replace your current boiler or when it needs costly repairs (probably the same thing...), then a combi boiler would be an ideal choice, especially considering the size of your home. And if you run your shower from it (you'd need to change the shower type) you'd love the showers they give; engulfed in hot water :).

But it's your call whether you'd want to shell out well over £2k to have one before you actually need it...

14. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

you,re after another X arnt you,o_O

15. Walt Systems

Walt Systems Member

Oh No! Mr Plumb as at it again. :( You need controlled ventilation not incidental heat loss ventilation. Mr Plumb's knowledge of insulation is skant to say the least, so please ignore. How are the lead wiped joints going Mr Plumb?

16. Walt Systems

Walt Systems Member

Too true.

I would say she needs it now. Extolling the virtues of a Bermuda is like extolling the virtues of a horse and carriage.

17. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

that's a really good comparison Walt, A horse and carraige is as good today as its always been, no fancy diagnosis machine needed runs on clean energy and reliable for a lifetime, well done you sir :)

18. Walt Systems

Walt Systems Member

I do not see any on the streets. Maybe where you live they are everywhere, carrying heavy loads of coiled lead pipe.

19. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

they're still with us Walt a magnificent beast, we're not very fair to them to be honest, everybody always wants to make a horse jump or run or pull stuff and what does it get for lunch ? a bail of hay, it can't even kick its shoes off cos some idiots nailed its shoes on, no wonder they always have long faces, but they're still all around us, i feel a song coming on

♪♫ my four legged friend, my four legged friend, he'll never let you down♫♪
    ♫♪ but a combi will, o h yes a combi will♫♪

20. Walt Systems

Walt Systems Member

He doesn't have a white van, he has a horse and cart loaded with lead pipe. Amazing.