Baxi solo 30 he problem

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by Michael100, May 25, 2017.

1. Michael100

Michael100 New Member

Hi, I have a problem with my boiler it has stopped working and I'll try to explain the issue with as much info as I can. It usually has 3 lights one should be lit up green all the time indicating its on and one lights up when the boiler is heating water and one is red if i need to press the reset button. The on light is off but when I use the control panel to turn the hot water on the boiler sounds as though its working although none of the lights come on and no hot water comes out.

I noticed a small leak underneath and took the front panel off and the leak is coming from the flow switch so I was wondering if this needs to be replaced? I'm also not sure if this does need to be replaced if it would be the main cause of the boiler not working. Any help or advice would be appreciated, I'm confident enough in replacing the flow switch myself but I don't want to replace a part if its likely to only be a secondary concern and not whats actually causing the boiler to stop working.

2. I suspect that the sounds you are hearing are simply due to the mains water rushing through the boiler - not the sounds of it trying to come to life.

If the mains 'on' light ain't on, then either that light is pooped or else you have an obvious lack of power in that boiler.

If the 'on' green light ain't 'on', then check yer fuse.

I doubt the drip from the flow switch is the cause UNLESS it's dripping on to any of the leccy system or PCB. Is it? And a dripping flow switch does not mean a knackered one - only that it's dripping from a seal. If that seal is one of the plumbing connection ones either side of the switch, then it'll likely be a failed O ring. Wipe it with a paper towel and watch carefully - if the drip comes from the switch body or wiring harness, then that could be the issue.

(But, yes, replace that it in any case.)

3. Michael100

Michael100 New Member

The leak is coming from the seal it looks like and the water is running down the metal casing so it doesn't look like its dripping onto any of the electrics or pcb. The on indicator light is apparently the electricity light indicator but oddly the the control panel does trigger the inflow of water as I turn the dial on for the hot water so it seems there is electricity getting to the boiler but its just not starting up.