Bay Pole Window Spreader Plate

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by threeof, Nov 9, 2015.

1. threeof

threeof New Member

Hi, Can any window fitters tell me what sort of spreader plate they would use on a bay window under existing headers (size 4x2"), I am particularly concerned about the two outer facets on this 7 facet Bay, they are at a 120 degree angle, a square 75x75mm plate I don't think will provide sufficient bearing, I can buy an angled shim plate of 3mm thickness - would that be man enough to bridge the gap between facet heads ?
    I have uploaded images of the bay, and the shim plate.

Attached Files:

2. Lee Locker

Lee Locker New Member

Hi no need for 6" spreaders , I'd say there's no need for baypole jacks either, as there's probably only a couple of 100kg in that roof. The bay posts are more than capable of taking the "load"

3. threeof

threeof New Member

Thanks - but I have done my own loading calculations, there will be a loading of 522kg on the two most outer poles, which is still quite a load, so spreader plates would be wise - guess I need to get some specs on the spreader plates.

4. Lee Locker

Lee Locker New Member

Get in touch with window widgets, they'll give you all the advice you need & can supply you with all the baypoles, jacks & spreaders.