Berger Brilliant white gloss paint

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by RIF, May 2, 2015.

1. RIF

RIF New Member

Hi All. I have decided to paint my windows in berger b.w, gloss and when I opened the tin it was not b.w. but more like a milk white. I took it back to the shop and he told me that there had been an E.U.rule which meant that the formula had to be changed ,but he assures me that it will dry brilliant white. He opened another tin from a different batch and that was the same. Has anybody any advice please? Is he correct as I don,t want to use it if it stays the colour it is, as it will not match the other areas already painted with an older tin of paint. I suppose I could just buy a different make ,but will that be the same? Any answers gratefully received as I decided to do the job this weekend.
    Thanks.

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Yes, the advice is correct, the paint will reach a full whiteness as it dry's, in colder weather allow up to 5 days to fully dry to a full white. The white is excellent when fully dry.
    If still in doubt do a test area! :)

3. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I bought some Flag trade white from Tool******n. That was just the same, but after a good stir, I've used it & I'm pleased with the colour & finish. :D

4. RIF

RIF New Member

Thankyou both for your replys. I did look at the tin just now and it says that the intensity will increase when dry on it. I should have read it first! I will look forward to it drying with interest. For once it won't be boring watching paint dry!

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

You will be okay, no worries.:cool: