Berlingo Engine Leak

Discussion in 'Car and Van Talk' started by BLUEJACKET, Apr 25, 2015.

1. BLUEJACKET

BLUEJACKET Active Member

Just notice I have a leak and the guy I take the van to is not open till Monday, anyone tell me what this pipe comes from and goes to? Ta

B J

Attached Files:

2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Is this a Berlingo or Peugeot , as there is a symbol

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Citroen and Peugeot are the same company so will share many components across the different ranges.

The pipe fittings look like it the power steering pipe, can't tell from the pic, does it connect to the pump on that pulley left of it.

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

5. **, what exactly is leaking out of it?

Black oil? Clearish oil? Smelly liquid which evaporates?

(Engine oil supply to turbo. Power steering fluid. Air con fluid.)

6. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Assuming that pipe you are pointing to is connected to the pump at the top of the engine (which it looks like it maybe from the photo) - that is power steering mate. Keep an eye on the level and get it checked as soon as you can. Don't want to run low/out as the steering will be heavy as buggery and also knacker the pump and steering rack out which will cost $$$.

7. BLUEJACKET

BLUEJACKET Active Member

Guys,
    It's a Citroen, not actually a picture of mine I took it from the internet, but the same...at first I thought it was oil, but when I cleaned it up off the blocks it seem a bit thin, but it was black like oil...can't be AC or Turbo as there not fitted...I'll go a check the power steering level and make sure it's got some in...
    Cheers Guys
    B J

8. Big Dunk

Big Dunk Active Member

Looks like power steering to me as well, and if the power steering fluid is black get it drained and replaced, power steering fluid should be a nice cherry red colour.

9. Citroen berlingo and peugeot partner (originals) are the same van with different badges

10. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

You need a new engine.:eek::(

Only joking haven't got a clue, sorry.:(

11. BLUEJACKET

BLUEJACKET Active Member

Thanks Guys, Checked the power steering fluid, a little low but it is 'cherry red', no idea where the black stuff is coming from, so will have it checked tomorrow.

B J

12. The cherry-red fluid turned black when you wiped it off the filthy outside of that hose... :p