Best Disposable Handsaws?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by wau5, Oct 25, 2016.

1. wau5

wau5 Active Member

my past 3 disposable handsaws have been the irwin jack ones which sells under £10 , great saws but I think they last me only some 3-4months before they get bent/distorted and you can't cut straight with them anymore. Time to buy another saw and was wondering maybe there is something even better than those?
    I'm not interested in the old-school'' proper ancient saws'' or the super expensive ones which you can re-sharpen and off you go again and must keep as an hair-loom pieces, I'm after the disposable ones which you can pick up and go right off the bat and they will be razor sharp and cut like a dream.

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

3-4 mths!! Count yourself lucky :)

GoodwithWood and Jord86 like this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Bahco 244 Hardpoint Saw 22", triple pack available.
    S&J Predator 1st Fix or Universal Saw 22" (whole family of them.)

All from SF competitors.

4. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Seconded CGN and KIAB. 3-4 months!!! Are you lucky enough to work one day a week by any chance? I'm jealous, if a saws edge lasts more than a fortnight I'm very fortunate. Irwin evolution 22 inch blue and yellow handsaw is the best I've used for balance, flexible without blade distortion, and holds its edge the longest out of all I've tried, but is about thirteen quid a pop.

I tend to go to b and q and take advantage of their Spear and Jackson two for a tenner, overall these are the best option in my opinion as they are pretty good disposable saws but at a fiver each you can't go wrong. Don't know if I'd buy them at a tenner though.....

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I have Bahco Ergo Handsaw System, a left handed large grip which fit changeable blades brilliant idea, I used to buy these blades, maybe 3 or 4 packs at a time.

The blade use a thicker steel, so keep straight for longer, & it holds a good edge.

http://www.mytoolshed.co.uk/p107805...uda_Blade_for_Handle_3_pack/product_info.html

http://www.mytoolshed.co.uk/Hand_Tools-Saws-Ergo_Handsaw_System/c35_36_1861/index.html

Hunt around you can find the blades cheaper, & on Ebay, you can get them in a 10 pack.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016