Best place to buy a kitchen?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Brian_L, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Brian_L

Brian_L Active Member

I'm looking at refitting the kitchen but, Where is the best place to buy from.

I don't want the most expensive one but, I would like it to have decent (blum?) type draws.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Have a look at DIY Kitchens, have fitted two, found them very good.

http://www.diy-kitchens.com/

They have a showroom at Langthwaite Grange Industrial Estate, South Kirkby, Pontefract, W.Yorks, if your near there.

Brian_L likes this.
  3. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

+1 for diykitchens. Great quality kitchens at good prices.

Brian_L likes this.
  4. calmman1987

calmman1987 New Member

I am in your situation and looking for where I can buy the most suitable appliance

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Bosch washing machine & fridge freezer from here, found the company very good.

http://ao.com/

6. calmman1987

calmman1987 New Member

Thank you for your quick advice, I am visiting your website.
    It contains too many kitchen appliances

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Also go through Quidco or similar if you use AO, for additional cashback.:)

8. Brian_L

Brian_L Active Member

Thanks for the suggestion of DIY Kitchens. They look good and I like the idea of pre built units rather than flat packs.

I was looking at real wood worktops in B&Q but, their kitchen designer said the wood is soft and easily damaged. In my last kitchen I had laminate gloss black work tops and the finish went dull with micro scratching very quickly.

What is a good hard wearing work top that won't cost too much?

9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

10. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I bought a DIY-kitchens.com kitchen for myself a few years a go because I didn't have time then to make my own. Very disappointed to be honest it has only lasted 5 years. I had the inframe design and the drawer runners have all come away from the sides. painted surface hasn't lasted at all.

It is coming out soon to be replaced by one I will build